SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doodleboo_gw

Not Step related: Breast feeding rights

doodleboo
15 years ago

I was just on the La Leche League website reading up on breast feeding. I intend to breastfeed Layla for the first year so I'm trying to get oriented with the in's and out's of the process.

I have to admit that I was pretty torn about whether or not to breast feed. Of course I know all the medicla and emotional benefits for mother and child however the women in my family have all had bad experiences with it. Plus I would be lying if I said the thought of a baby sucking on my boob didn't creep me out a little. I know I know I know. It's not sexual and it's totally natural but still....I have heard so many stories about (IMHO) weirdo's breast feeding their 8 year olds and it just stuck.

The girls were breast fed and they have a really strange fscination with boobies which creeps me out as well since, if you remember, they were constantly feeling me up and trying to latch on to me! This futhers my underlying creepy feelings about breast feeding. I don't want Layla to be 5 and trying to suck on other womens Ta-Ta's. EEW.

I must also say I am one of those people who get weirded out when a woman plops herself out in a resteraunt and latches a baby on on front of god and everybody. I deffinatly feel you should wither cover yourself or find a private place to feed. I am NOT into nipple flashing in public at all.

I really want to do this because I understand it is what is best for Layla, It's cheaper and as an added bonus it will also help my body return to normal post partum. I'm just trying to get myself mentally prepared so I don't "chicken out". I am trying really hard to get past the ridiculous prejudices I have...aside from the whole nipple flashing thing. I will NEVER dangle my uncovered bosoms in public HAHAHAHA. Strippers do that but they get PAID. To me that's just a bit much...lol.

Any encouraging words or experiences you ladies could share would be appreciated.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County