SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smom_gw

What to do?

smom
13 years ago

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I need some help.

I've been married for a year now and I have two SK's, SD just turned 6 and SS going to be 3. I have always felt as though I was more of a babysitter than a stepmom. DH always assured me that I was like a mother, BM is definitely in the picture and she's a little crazy, but I just ignore her. Anyway, I'm here because this is the second time this happens. I usually don't let the SK's have candy late in the evening. DH knows this and once before he allowed the SD to have candy and told her not to tell me. She of course told me secretely what DH gave her. I didn't get upset, he wants to give them candy fine. However, last night he again did the same thing. This time, SD calls me over and tells me as a secret that DH gave her two pieces of chocolate and DH told her not to tell me. But the way she said it was more taunting than just telling me a secret. So this morning I told DH that SD told me about the candy, and he got somewhat upset that she told me, which surprised me. I asked why does he want to hide these things from me as it's just candy. DH stated well we don't have to go around saying everything. I of course felt upset that he is hiding something so petty as candy when it comes to the SK's. He apologized and said he hid it from me because he did not want me to be upset at HER. I would never be upset at her because HE gave something. I feel like an outsider now, like I'm just there to be the babysitter. I understand they are not MY kids, they are HIS and BM kids, but now I guess I don't know how I should feel. Should I be upset and be concerned or let it go?

Help. Thanks.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Century Stair Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
DC Metro Area Luxury Custom Staircase & Railing Professional