SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Hitting another brick wall......

mom2emall
14 years ago

So SS used to wake up in the middle of the night crying when he was younger. He would cry till the whole house awoke! And it would be over wanting some chocolate milk or something. Dh would get up and make him chocolate milk and lay down with him. This would happen 1-2 times a night till me and the other kids had enough and I told dh we were all going to form a mutiny if it continued! I told him me and the other kids decided it would be best for dh and ss to sleep on the couch in the living room away from all our bedrooms so they could do their chocolate milk cry thing all night without waking us up. I told him that I could not get up at 5am for work and function because I was up all night listening to crying about chocolate milk. DH got the point.

Well lately my dh has been babying ss again and now he is acting like a baby. The boy is nearly 8 and the other night he wakes up screaming and crying till ds woke up and asked him to be quiet. Then ss walked into our bedroom and woke up dh and said that it was dark in his room and he could not find his flashlight and that is why he was crying. Dh had him lay down with us for a bit and then sent him back to his bed.

Next morning DH is telling me this and I said well I guess one night light in his room is not enough so lets get another and put it by his bed and get rid of the whole flashlight thing. The bathroom is right next to his bedroom and has a night light....so he really does not need a flashlight anyways.

DH then says well ____(my ds) came into our room a while after saying he could not sleep. I said of course...because he was awoken by ss sitting in his bed screaming because he could not find his flashlight.

I told dh that ss's room is not dark because it already has a night light in it. And he could see clear enough to walk out of his room and to ours, but we could get him another night light. And I told him that he needs to talk to ss about not sitting in bed screaming and waking everyone up!

DH then got defensive and said well he was scared...bla blabla. I said well I understand he was scared, but the house was lit enough for him to walk to our room so he needs to be told if he is scared he could walk to our room and wake up dh, but not sit in his bed screaming and waking up his siblings. It is not fair to them. DH got his angry look and was real quiet and the conversation ended.

Well last night I went to the store and bought ss another night light. We told him he could put it next to his bed and he did not need a flashlight anymore. So he looked at dh at bedtime and said "I don't think I am going to be able to sleep tonight and I might be scared"

Don't you think ss is doing this for attention from dh? My dh does not think so, but I do.

Comments (8)