SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mattie_gt

'Tis the season to be ... psycho?

mattie_gt
13 years ago

Hi everyone, I hope you all had/are having/will have a great holiday season!

Wanted to give a quick update on the whole x-mas thing here. Most importantly, SS had a great holiday! He said it was the "best Christmas ever!" (It is true that he says that every year, but still.... it's nice to hear.)

DH had called BM and, at the advice of attorney, asked her to switch weekends because of how upset SS was, how BM admittedly was doing nothing for Christmas, how SS does not even have his own bed to sleep in there on Christmas Eve let alone his own room - BM, of course, said no, it was her weekend and she "got him". DH asked did she not understand how upset SS has been (she does, SS told her last time he was there), that he's been crying, that he doesn't want to be there for Christmas. BM replied "I don't give a flying f*** what he wants, he's a f***ing spoiled brat, it's my weekend and I'm getting him".

At which point DH informed her that she was not, in fact, getting the "spoiled brat" for Christmas. DH says he did well at remaining calm and only responding that he was not going to argue; BM had a great deal to say about how it was unfair that SS gets to go on trips that she cannot afford, how we buy him 50-60 presents at Christmas (I knew we had overspent this year but I'm pretty sure it's not quite to that level!), and pretty much that SS is not properly appreciative and fawning over the few crumbs that are thrown his way from her. She had the audacity to complain about how he was not appreciative enough when she bought him a birthday present (over six months ago) from her "hard-earned money" - she's on Tier 347 of federal extended unemployment! Hard-earned money my behind! My hard-earned money via taxes, more like. (The birthday present was a used sweatshirt with paint on the sleeve; I'm thinking if she paid more than 50 cents she overspent.) Oh, and that SS was a "spoiled f***ing a**hole just like you [DH]".

I'm going way off track here.... anyway, DH said that he and SS would not be here. I, on the other hand, was; I was finishing wrapping presents. At the time BM shows up with same relative who walked into house before, if you remember that. They ring, I don't answer as I'm upstairs and lights are off on lower floors. Then they tried the doors to the house. I was very, very, very unhappy. What exactly were they planning to do if they got in anyway - haul a kicking and screaming little boy away on Christmas Eve?

After half an hour or so they finally left. DH and SS returned, DH kindly made me an eggnog which helped my mood immensely, and we read Night Before X-mas, left milk and cookies, etc. under the theory that no way were police or anyone else going to haul a sleeping child away on Christmas Eve.

Up early next day, of course, and then off to various family members for rest of the day until fairly late. Yesterday had people over here - we weren't worried about yesterday because visitation was supposed to end at 6 PM so even if BM showed up it was nearing the end of visitation and it was too late anyway - Christmas is over, SS had a great one, and BM cannot ruin it now.

Oh, perhaps not a single one of you will be surprised that, even after all this drama - BM did not call to wish SS a Merry Christmas. Or text. Or email. Last contact was her trying to get into our house on x-mas eve, to haul away a child who she was fully aware wanted nothing more than to spend Christmas Eve in his bed, in his room, in his house, with his pets and his family. DH and I both have zero doubt that the plan was to completely ruin SS's Christmas - out of anger and spite.

So, we all had a great holiday! DH and I are a bit tired from it all, especially since we were on hyper-vigilance the whole time. SS had a blast and is happily playing with his new toys right now. We'll see what hell awaits us but we'll deal with it when it does.

Comments (5)