SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
punkintm_gw

teenage stepdaughters not living with us are...

punkintm
14 years ago

My husband and I have been married for 2 months but have been together for 3 yrs. After he moved in at that time his girls(now 16&19) came over to dinner to meet me. We got along famously, so much so, that their mother was so hurt she cried and was upset or jealous that it affected the girls so much that they have been giving me the cold shoulder ever since. They only call or see their dad whenever they need or want something, and just at their home and refuse to have anything to do with me. Right before our wedding in OCT. my husband aked the girls if they would please come to the wedding for it meant alot that they be there.the 16 yr. old she said yes she would come, then at the last minute called and said she wouldn't. He was heart broken. A couple days after the wedding he asked why and she told him she wouldn't have been able to live with herself if she did and it would have made her a hypocrite.that same nite for the first time ever he didn't show up at a school funtion and she said she was hurt and mad. why didn't you come she asked? he said "think about it" well for Christmas they wanted to take him out to dinner to give him his Christmas present, but stipulated that I was not welcome. when hubby said I was his wife and if he went I went too. they told him just forget it. I must iiterate here that I have had no contact with these girls except to send thoughtful gifts for christmas and birthdays to both via their dad on those occasions. What are we to do????all rplys would be helpful thanks.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County