SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowergal_2010

Bad behavior with step-grandkids...no discipline

flowergal-2010
10 years ago

My step-son just got re-married to a lady (they are both in their late 30's) that has a daughter with terrible behavior. The little girl is 4, and has not been disciplined due to her Mom not wanting "to break her spirit".. They visit, and stay with us, several times a year for a couple of nights. This little girl is repeatedly defiant to her parents by throwing things, whining & crying, and never does anything her parents ask her to do. Their response is to occasionally put her in time out, which is always a very close corner to everybody, while she cries even louder for several minutes. You can imagine what a nice touch this puts on the rest of the family's visits. My Husband will not address this because when he and his ex divorced 20 years ago, he didn't see his kids very much. Now that they are grown and will visit him again, he doesn't want confrontation. My step-sons Mom also lives in the same town, and they are very close. I'm considering telling his wife that if they will stay with her husbands mother when they visit, that it will not cause any hurt feelings. I have been contending with this situation for 3 years now, and am at the end of my rope. Suggestion??

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths