SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pseudo_mom

My pity party ... no other way to describe it.

pseudo_mom
15 years ago

Well long story short ... mom can slap and berate her children tell hubby about and I seem to be the only one who gives a flying f*(( about it....

Hubby's stance is she won't change so what can I do about it.

I called the DSS case worker who meets with us monthly and her biweekly he said have the counselor file a 51A spoke with their counselors the children told the counselors what she did and "there isn't enough to file a 51A(abuse/neglect complaint)"

So I have come to a realization NO ONE will ever hold her accountable for what she says or does to her children and that me getting myself in a tizzy over it doesn't do me any good.

No one who can do anything about it hold mom accountable I mean will say boo to her so she can just continue to treat her children any way she wants and no one will ever correct her ...

If I or hubby spoke to the children the way she did she would have taken them to the police dept and filed a complaint Had either me or hubby smacked the kid she would have filed a police report ...

The saddest part is the kids are saying they deserved it and my SS13 is saying he overreacted so thats why she wacked had he not overreacted he wouldn't have gotten hit.

I have decided to emotionally shut myself off from the children I know a hasty decision but I can't see myself caring anymore if the people who are supposed to care and help us/them refuse.

Big blow out with hubby tonight either he stands up for his children or I am out of here I will not put myself through this for another 10 years til they are 18.

Kicker that sent me over the edge was tonight planned a trip for the boys to their GM's mid january GM paying it would have cost twice the amount for UMinors so I told her I would go with them bought the ticket at 5pm.... mom called at 7 PM she wants the itinary so she can go with the "boys" so they don't have to fly alone ... neither hubby or the boys told her I was going with them already bought the ticket ...hubby said call my mom I think pseudo is already going .... mom says "well I am sure she won't mind us all flying down together" .....

I called her at 9PM and said are you going with the boys? (her)I have to talk to BF I said well let me know so I cancel with MIL she says I thought you were going to visit MIL I said ... I am not getting on a plane with you so let me know if you are going so I can tell MIL I will not be coming... and hung up the phone.

Comments (10)