Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sooo tired :/

Posted by wishitwaslegal (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 5, 11 at 1:49

Well Its been 9 years now since I have been dealing with his ex wife. It was rough at first to say the least.. But she eventually gave in and became a little nicer lol. She moved over 800 miles away when me and my fiance got together and took all 5 of her kids. She kept their 2 daughters away from my fiance for 4 years. For the last 3 years she has been letting us see them during the summer since there divorce went through.. I dont want to run this on to long.. Im just frustrated because I can see she is up to her old tricks again. Her boyfriend of 3 years just got another girl pregnant and left her so know she is back to playing mind games with us. She texts and calls me all the time but not my fiance.. About the stupidiest things. Well today she just kinda PI**ED me off.. SHe texts me and asks if we are sending gifts to all 5 of her children. My fiance is the father of only two of them. I said that I didnt think that we could afford to send to all of them plus our son here. SHe then said that thats fine she will buy for her other three kids. Then proceeds to ask me how many gifts we got for them so she could make them equal? Is this normal? WTH? grrrrr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sooo tired :/

Time to block her number ...

Seriously, there is no reason for the two of you to communicate. I'd would just let her know from now on any questions/issues need to go to your finance.

And BTW- 9 years seems an awful long time to be engaged.
"For the last 3 years she has been letting us see them during the summer since there divorce went through."
If I'm adding this up correctly, you were dating him for six years before the divorce was final?

I know sometimes people move on and divorces drag on for a long time, but if you were dating before the divorce was final, the ex-wife may think you were the reason for their break up.

Whether that's the case or not, she may be thinking that and that might be why she's giving you and your finance so much trouble now. From now on I'd let your finance deal with her and keep yourself out of it.

o

--" She then said that thats fine she will buy for her other three kids. Then proceeds to ask me how many gifts we got for them so she could make them equal? Is this normal? WTH? grrrrr"--

I have to agree with Amber, what is not 'normal' is that YOU are in the middle of it all. Let your BF pick up the phone and deal with what he is or is not doing for his kids for Christmas. No need to worry herself about it at all (unless you're personally paying with your self money, why fuss with what he sends or not?) If you only see the two girls every summer, there is not a need in the world for YOU to be taking all the calls/texts from the birthmother especially the other 10 months out of the year. Let BF and BM co-parent their children on their own. Step back and change your number.

o

I agree. As a BM and not an Sm unless you two have a good relationship she doesn't need to text or call you. All communication should go through dad. Seriously, sounds like she is bored. She has some drama in her life and she is trying to stir up some with your household.

I honestly don't care that you two were together before the divorce was 'final'. She moved away and they were seperated. My ex and I both dated others when we were seperated. He married the one he dated and I don't hold that against them at all. She did not break up my marriage. She came after the seperation.

Don't communicate. Block it or just say 'please text X at his number he will know the answer to your questions better than I will.' ignore ignore ignore her. Don't let her start drama.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here