SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pseudo_mom

Her lack of parenting & selfish kids

pseudo_mom
12 years ago

Long story short to get me to today events! ... hubby hurt his back last wed.. was in the ER all day on thursday came home thurs night the kids came friday spent friday and saturday under the stipulation they help him (only one who helped was SD I had to work and family party)... he was literally crawling from room to room he was hurt so badly ... pain meds did not help ... got him a walker so he wasn't crawling ... sunday morning back to ER she picked up the kids while we were gone ....

He was admitted into the hospital this time ...monday the kids usually come back home ... so he calls her and tells her you are getting the kids right ... she starts huffing and puffing on the phone she has stuff to do (mind you at this point he is heavily medicated) ... he says to me can you bring the boys to school in the morning ... I said sure in an unpleasant tone ... shouldn't have to but I will because he asked ... next thing I know the boys are coming to my home tonight because mom has to go out and she doesn't want the 3 of them fighting while she is not home ... really their father is in the hospital and they are going to be at his house with me well not really with me because I worked til midnight ... so they were home alone here too .... so my response to him and her and the boys was !!!!! so if your father drops dead what is going to do rent an apartment for you both to go to so she doesn't have to worry about the 3 of you arguing ...???? parent your friggin children ... so I came home and said these are the rules if you don't like them gtfo ... you will be in bed at a decent hour if you give me any grief tomorrow morning you will walk to school gave them a list of "chores" and said your dad is not here your mom dropped you off here so I will parent the way I see fit if you don't like the rules too bad do not come here unless your father is here ... but my mom made us is the response yes she did so she will not have a problem with the way I parent you because if she does ... she can keep you the next month for all I care ... follow my rules or stay with your mother!

and my other issue!!!!!! ...

The kids asking about whats wrong with daddy will he be ok what are we going to do for money ... SD22 how am I going to pay my bills if daddy can't work anymore .... SS16 how am I going to get my license pay for my school trip or get my suit for my concert. SS14 wants to know if I already finished my christmas shopping the only one who cared was SD13 actually concern ... guess all those times she said I hate you daddy wish you were dead are eating at her :) Told them all ... There is plenty of stuff to do around the house to earn extra money save your birthday money christmas monies .... you save your money or you could ask your mom (hahahaha).

sidenote: hubby will be out of work for 6+ months serious injury but we are ok I have been stashing away money for quite awhile now :) since last time he lost his job as soon as he got a job I started hoarding money. :) but I'll be dammed if I give any to selfish brats who do nothing but make messes and refuse to follow rules!

oh and the kicker to all this ... they are all worried about what they are going to do with out any money ... I had to work tonight so I tell the boys you are on your own for dinner ... gave them a list of 10 things they could easily make for dinner sandwiches frozen pizza raviolies spaghetti and meatballs soups grill cheese etc... and SS16 says you can't leave us money to order pizza???? AYFKM no I won't be spending $40 on food when you need $575 for a trip and a suit! BRAT!

Comments (5)