SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

She made contact....

mom2emall
14 years ago

So this afternoon middle sd gets a text from bm saying something along the lines of how grandparents told her about sd's high (straight A) honor roll and she is so proud of her baby and loves her and misses her. And to tell her big sis and baby brother too.

REally...baby brother? The kid is many years past being a baby...GAG! But I guess last time she was a part of his life he was a baby(my own thoughts...lol!)

Sd came and showed me the text and I asked if she replied. Sd said no way because she is mad at her mom and does not want to talk to her. And how dare her mom not call for all this time and then send this text when she had nothing to do with helping her get on high honor roll. I think I have mentioned before that she has a learning disability and we took her off meds a few years ago. Since then we have been playing catch up with her on school work. We read with her every night and constantly review math facts. During the summer and on the weekends we did all kinds of review. SD has worked sooo hard to catch up and do well and we are all so proud of her!

Anyways I told sd she should reply and say something because otherwise bm may think she never received it. So sd sent her a text saying something about it being time she finally contacts her after almost 10 months. And she said something about how great it was to find out that she moved away again without even saying good bye! And then she made a comment about how much her mom has missed since she dropped of the face of the earth.

I did not ask to see it, but sd showed it to me after she sent it. She asked what I thought of it and all I did was ask her if it was how she felt. She said yes and I told her that its fine to say how she feels.

Never did get a reply from bm. She was probably in awe of the fact that sd called her out like that.

I am proud of sd for standing up for herself. It will be interesting to see if we get any response!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler