SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

hubby is about to get a foot in his behind.....

incognitomom
12 years ago

My ss and younger sd are both driving me crazy and he is allowing it!!

My sd is in sports and hubby does not get home till 10pm from work during the week (he is on afternoons). Anyways she consistantly volunteers to stay after practice and help put equiptment away. I have asked her and told her repeatedly not to do so anymore because we need to get home. I have a little one to put to bed and I am tired(her practice ends at 9pm). Also besides her and the baby I have 3 other kids at home! She also has a shower to take each night and homework to finish so she does not have hte 10-15min extra to do this each night. I have threatened to call her coach and tell the coach she is not allowed to keep her after practice (though it is not hte coach keeping her it is sd volunteering)

Well she keeps doing it anyways and I keep telling her not to. So yesterday when she did it again I reamed her out when she got to the car. I asked her who the heck she thinks she is disobeying me day after day (this is not the only thing she disobeys me in). I seriously laid into her for the 10 minute ride home and when we got home I continued to yell at her about it because I was that mad. I told her I was done driving her to practice and done picking her up and done attending her events because she does not listen to me. Sd pulls the fake tears act and acts like she cares...though I know if she truly cared she would have listened to me in the first place!

DH comes home and I freak out on him about it so he yells at sd. She then tells him she hates it here and she wants to go to foster care! (she knows bm will not/can not take her).

So dh turns into a jello mold and comes to me telling me I need to make up with sd. I say no and he tells me to please do this for him. I say I am not speaking to sd because she has not listened to me for the past 2 weeks that I have been asking her not to stay after practice. So I have not talked to dh or sd since yesterday.

Onto ss. He has been a monster lately. The kid is 10 and cries about everything when dh is around. We go grocery shopping the other day (right after lunch which ss didn't eat much of because he "wasn't hungry"). As we go to walk into the store he starts crying and telling dh he is starving. Dh then says he will get ss a "snack" in the store. I give dh a death stare and when ss is out of earshot I remind him ss was not hungry for lunch and dh says ok and didn't give ss anything in the store. When ss starts crying over it again dh coddles him. I was ready to put the kid in the cart like a baby since he was clearly acting like one!

Last week my family was over and we ordered pizza. SS decided he did not like the pizza we ordered and refused to eat dinner. So dh was ready to make him a seperate meal, but ss wouldn't agree to anything dh offered. Finally dh started feeding ss the pizza....seriously holding each piece and letting ss bite off it. I looked at them and asked dh why not just give ss the plate of pizza. Dh said he just wanted him to eat even if it meant feeding it to him. My whole family was literally staring at them in disbelief. Now when I talk to my family they joke about it because it was that ridiculous.

I am beyond annoyed. I almost look forward to when he goes to work lately because ss behaves then. He does not pull that crap when dh is not around because he knows I will not put up with it. SS used to have issues like this and my dh got really good at putting his foot down and it stopped. Then my dh got put back on the afternoon shift and is not around a lot so when he is he lets ss act this way again. It seriously makes hubbys days off miserable for me. I can not just ignore it. The day after the grocery store I ended up grounding ss from all electronics and telling him it was because of how he acted. He cried to dh about it the next morning and after he went to school dh tried to fight with me about it. I just told him too darn bad....even if he can handle his 10 year old acting like a 1 year old I can not and will not do so. If he does not want me punishing the kid then stop allowing him to behave this way.

So I am again the mean one. And it is stressing me out.

Oh and dh stayed home from work "sick" today because I had told him I was not driving sd to/or picking her up from practice tonite. And if she did not go to practice tonite she can not play this weekend. Lucky for her and dh she is off practice tomorrow because of the holiday. Sd has been trying to talk to me all day....not saying anything but kinda being near me a lot waiting for me to say something.

If you read all this you are awesome!!

Comments (9)