Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
thanksgiving

Posted by mom2emall (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 26, 09 at 22:29

So we had Thanksgiving dinner at my house and it was the first time my dad has not been here! I posted recently about a falling out we had. I feel sad that he was not here for dinner, but my stepmom and little sister did join us (along with other family members from my family and dh's family).

In a way I want to make up with him because I miss him. But then there is that stubborn part of me that feels like if I make up without him apologizing or admitting any wrongdoing I am setting myself up for this situation to happen again. For those of you who did not read my family drama in a nutshell this is what happened:
my younger sister and I got into an argument and she called my dad to get him on her side. He began sending me nasty text messages. I called him and told him he should stat out of it because it was between me and her. He refused to stay out of it and also refused to then listen to my side. And because of it all he decided to not come to my house to celebrate my youngest sisters b-day. That IMO was a wierd loyalty show for my sister I was arguing with.

So what do you all think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: thanksgiving

I think your Dad should have stayed out of it. I can't imagine any parents getting involved in skirmishes like this but I know it does happen.

I think you did what you can do, it's sad because it makes the relationship with your dad & you strained obviously. But it may be better he wasn't there as it could have been a big scene if everyone has not gotten over whatever the arguement was about.

I'm sorry about your situation. I think you reacted the same way I would have for whats it worth and not sure what else you could do unless you are willing to just take the blame ( I wouldn't want to).

~Cat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here