SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saberad

Do I have any recourse at all?? Please help!!

saberad
13 years ago

Here is my situation. I'm the stepfather to my wife's kids. Her ex has given us nothing but problems from calling Child Protection services on me to now recently threatening to call the police on me if I touch his son in any way shape or form. My wife's son has anger issues where he has literally fits or outburst of rage/hate however you want to describe it where he goes off and slams doors throws stuff around in the room when he gets reprimanded for doing wrong. Our most recent episode of this was a weekend where my wife got on to the son for having his knees in the couch (probably the 5 or 6 time he's been told) and he pretty much scowls at her and makes this whine noise (uhhh)like leave me alone and doesn't do anything. So she then slaps him and tells him not to disrespect her. Next thing I know my wife and her son are wrestling from what I see and he hauls off and hits her. I don't know about you all but I was raised up on you never hit your mother. That's like sacraligious its just the biggest no-no ever in my opinion. I never hit my SS but I did hold his head to look at me since he refused to do so after asking him over 3x's and pretty much yell at him "Don't ever hit your mother!!" Anyway to make a long story short her ex is now threatening me about calling police if I touch his son ever again. Pretty much ignored the fact that his son just hit his own mother. My wife and I both agree he needs counseling but the BF refuses to do so stating that he doesn't ever have these problems at his house. Which is a load of crap I think. The guidance counselors along with the schools vice principal recommended the child receive counseling and anger management sessions. I'm at my wits end anymore because we don't know what to do. I don't want my SS around anymore. I think he is a danger to not only my wife but my own Bio Son who is only 2!! I don't want to put my wife in a position to have to chose or anything. They have gone to mitigation twice already but the Ex never follows the parenting plan or follows the addendum to there divorce. Both parents are to have equal say in the upbringing of the kids but the ex pretty much does what he feels and never lets my wife know. I know I'm not the biological parent but the things he does just isn't right. He pretty much walks all over my wife and does as he pleases.

Please any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (16)