Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a strange bird?

Posted by thurman (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 10 at 21:49

Hi Folks~

Well, my SD invited my Mom to church. That sounds like a nice thing. My Mom couldn't go.

What I didn't like, however, is that my SD sends me an email telling me my email has a virus and is sending out those phony messages about computers, but she doesn't tell me she called my Mother to talk to her.

Don't you think she is a strange bird?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a strange bird?

Nope, I don't think much about it at all.

Nice of her to let you know your computer might be off whack though.

I don't tell anyone, spouse included, absolutely every thing I do at all times either...it's not a 'secret', just not always news worthy. If I called his mother to chat, usually never mentioned it (she has passed on now)unless it was something I felt was important to repeat. If his son, my SS, calls, I might mention it, might not. I don't necessarily think I must report to anyone else exactly every movement and/or thought I have.

What's the big deal? I assume your SD would have gotten around to it eventually or figured you'd hear about it from your mother yourself when you talk to Mom. While it might be your mother, you can't control everybody Mom talks to nor should Mom tell you immediately just because someone you know calls/invites her.

Speaking of 'birds', if you're into celebrating the upcoming holidays, Happy Thanksgiving to you, Thurman.

o

"speaking of birds", justmetoo, too funny....

She is in her 30s, your mom is elderly, so if they call each other it is not necessarily something to report to you. They are adults. Not a big deal.

o

I talk to DH's family without telling him. If it comes up, it comes up. My DD called DH's aunt (like a mom to him) to ask her to come to a performance with her. And no, DH was not invited. DD is 8.

We figure, the more people who get along in the family and have healthy independent relationships, the less we have to "babysit" people's emotions.

People irritate me too Thurman. There are several in my family. Make nice, and move on...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here