SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Totally not a SF issue....

lovehadley
15 years ago

I'm just needing some reassurance/good thoughts/prayers.

I have had a cyst in my breast for over a year now. It would get bigger with my menstrual cycle, and then smaller, but never went away completely.

I had it checked out by my gyn. last March and he felt it and said it was soft and round and moveable, and it was a cyst---nothing to worry about.

Well, about a month ago, it seemed to go away overnight. But in its place is a hard, firm little lump. It feels very different.

So I went to the doctor (GP) and he was pretty reassuring--he said he really thinks it's just fibrocystic stuff going on, that I had a lot of swollen glands in that both breasts---my period is almost ready to start. He said he thinks it is nothing, BUT to be on the safe side, he is sending me for a diagnostic mammogram and possibly an ultrasound on Tuesday.

So now I am a bundle of nerves! I'm scared and nervous and slightly obsessive. I keep googling all this stuff and it's just not good....I can diagnose myself with ANYTHING with google, kwim? I need to not google any symptoms!

I am only 28, no familiy history of breast cancer, I'm not on the pill, etc. So no risk factors.

I'm trying to take my mind off it until Tues. but easier said than done.

Oh, and DH and I are getting ready to begin our fertility treatments. We are doing IUI for 3 months, and I SO want to be excited about that and focus on that instead, but I can't.

WAAAHHHH. :(

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource