SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

I thought she had matured.....this is long

mom2emall
14 years ago

This is not sf related, but I need to vent. I have a large family and one of my sisters is daddies girl 100%. He ALWAYS defends her no matter how wrong she is and because of that she has always made such a mess of her life. She never accepts responsibility for her actions and always has her hand out for daddy to pay her bills after she blows her money on stupid things.

Now she is 19 and a new mom. I have really been trying since she got pregnant to be there for her and show her the right things to do. I was hoping she had grown up from all that has happened in the last year, but she keeps just showing how immature she still is. I am frustrated and disgusted. It started with her lying on her babys birth certificate about who the dad is because her and her new bf want to pretend they are this complete little family and my sisters ex does not exist. Now the ex is taking her for a paternity test and she is livid that he says if he is the dad he wants his name on the birth certificate, etc. I tried explaining to her that his reaction is normal but she was freaking out.

My sister has gone through all the attention seeking phases that you can go through when you want to pretend you are so different from everyone else. She did the goth phase, the suicidal phase, the cutting yourself phase, the tattoos and piercings phase, the partying phase, I'm a lesbian phase, etc. She also started claiming to have depression and anxiety and started going to a dr and got put on all kinds of meds for bipolar and depression and anxiety. When she got pregnant she stopped taking all the meds cold turkey and was completely normal her whole pregnancy. She was happy and pleasant and making good decisions. She was in all kinds of social situations like her baby shower with 50 people and had no problems with it!

Then yesterday she started in with me about some new pretend issues and I called her out on them and told her that her focus should be on her child now, not making up attention getting issues. she did not like that and it got ugly and turned into one of those everything but the kitchen sink arguments. Maybe I should have not called her out on it, but I just can't deal with her attention getting fake issues anymore. Its been going on for years and people have to stop buying into the crap. She needs to start acting like an adult.

Anyways she called my dad crying and he then said that he refuses to come over to my house to celebrate my other sisters birthday next week??? Instead he will go to her house and he tried telling my stepmom not to bring my little sister over to my house. My sister even called my stepmom and told her she should not come to my house because then I will not realize I was wrong and apologize to her!!!

My dad was sending me text messages last night telling me how wrong I was and I should leave my sister alone. I called him and told him that this was a stupid argument and he should stay out of it. I pointed out that everytime he gets involved in her arguments he finds out later she lied about things and he looks like an idiot. He started telling me how wrong I was and bla bla bla. I aksed him when my sister will have to start acting like a grown up and stop pretending to be on a teen after school special. He did not like that and hung up on me. I went to bed and almost 2 hours later he started sending me texts that I needed to stop sending my sister text messages because she was not responding to me and he could barely hear her on the phone because of all my texts going through. I told him what time I sent my last message to her and told him that I was sleeping. He told me I was lying because my sister told him I was still texting her!!

I think I am going to go crazy with them and their drama. I turned off my cell last night after that and just recently turned it back on. I have actually made up my mind to not even accept phone calls or respond to texts for at least the next week.

Is it me or is this crazy???

Comments (23)