SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruby_x_ray

Holidays

ruby_x-ray
13 years ago

Hi everyone. The holidays are coming up and I'm getting so tense because my step kids, who are in their 30's, will be coming shortly for the holidays. The biggest problem with them is how they ignore there kids and let them do anything and everything possible. I do baking/crafts with the grandkids to keep them occupied but without any help I end up getting mad. When I try to get the step kids to pitch in they tell me that their kids are just fine doing whatever, which is pretty much tearing up everything in sight. Last year I went through Cancer (I'm in remission)with all the treatments and you would have thought they would at least watch the grand kids while I was going through that but nope they didn't. To me that is so disrespectful. Their Dad said that he will help clean up whatever they do and we will buy anything they break back. Well I have things I do not want broken because I've had them for a long time and some can not be replaced..especially the memories that goes with those items. The biggest problem to me is their Dad and him not telling them right off the bat what is expected. He is so afraid that they won't come around which the only time they call or come over is for a meal, money, or baby setting-which no one else will baby set these grand kids because how bad they are. I love these grown up kids and the grandkids but I really don't like them because how disrespectful they are. By the way I've been married for several years. Thanks for listening!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH