SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
triximky

Ex wife 'Still in Love'

triximky
15 years ago

My fiance has been divorced for over 3-4 years from his ex and they have been separated for 5 yrs. He had one girlfriend before me since the divorce and had moved away for 1 1/2 yrs. to pursue a medical degree, but moved back 1 1/2 yrs. ago to reconnect with his two children.

Since then, his ex wife has not let him forget about everything he has done wrong and how he had 'robbed' her of the perfect little family they had (just a note - she left him).

Since we've been dating, she has expressed her jealousy of me out loud both to me and to my fiance. She saw us "kiss" once, heard him say "I Love You" to me on the phone, hold hands once, and hug. Each time one of these 'activities' has happened, he receives a very detailed email from her where she will say how much that it hurts her, how it's disrespectful, and that our 'behavior' is crossing her personal 'boundaries'.

I feel that she is abusing my fiance and me. So far, neither one of us have responded to the 'emails', but it does create tension in our house when she attacks us both.

We have also seen some 'confusion' when his 6 yr. old daughter visits. She becomes 'standoffish' and doesn't know her 'place' in our home. In some of these emails the ex wife even says that the daughter sees mommy upset while she talks about or to daddy.

I don't know what if I want any sort of answer to this post or just to 'post it'. Any advice/comments?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets