SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

Nine days....

imamommy
12 years ago

That's how long SD will be gone. SD12 left today to spend the break with her mommy for Thanksgiving. ~Sigh~

I just LOVE the holidays. I enjoy decorating, I go shopping, bake cookies, watch corny movies, dress in goofy outfits, go to tree lightings, caroling, see Santa Claus, everything... it's my FAVORITE time of year! The best part for me is when family gets together... which I do all the planning & cooking for the parties (and clean up). It's a lot of work but I love having my family together. That is why it is so upsetting to me when SD spoils weeks, sometimes months, of planning by getting MIL all worked up & inviting her over for whatever event we are having. For that reason alone, I am celebrating her visit with her dear mother this week, for I know she won't be around to cause me an ounce of stress next week.

Now, that doesn't mean MIL won't show up & dig for info to start something... but it's so much worse when SD is sitting right there, whispering in her ear. But, my plan is to keep quiet & not ask DH what his parents are doing for the holidays. I usually ask, then he calls them & of course they have no plans so they ask if they can bring anything. DH might misunderstand when I ask what they are doing... I'm asking if they are expecting us to come over to do something at their house. Obviously, after five years of marriage, I have come to realize that his parents rarely host anything at their house. So, this year I won't ask and if they show up (out of habit or because DH invites them), I will suck it up & be cordial but any talk of SD will be deflected to talk about the weather or maybe even religion or politics... anything that is less likely to cause an argument.

Just wanted to vent a little (about MIL)... and rejoice (about SD). Thanks for listening. So, what are you all doing for the next nine days?

Comments (11)