SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misserable_monester

Follow-up to coping with adult stepkids

Well the past two months have been hell! I am really looking for some advice since I'm too embarrassed to tell anyone the situation.

The heroin addict adult kid has been coming and going from the house since I kicked them out, I found out that he has stolen so much, even my 10yr olds piggy bank. I gave him money to fix his car and have tried everything. Every time that I complained about what he was doing his dad would become irate and it would turn into a big fight.

A few weeks ago I threatened to call the police when I noticed about $2000.00 worth of my belongings gone and this set his dad off, he kicked me (it's still an open sore if that tells you how hard), put his hands around my neck and threw me outside telling me to "Get the F*** out of my house you C**T". He calmed down just minutes later and apologized profusely. Saying that he was going through a lot and needs me to be supportive.

I decided right then and there that I was done. DONE!!! I made arrangements to move my things out (the house btw is completely furnished by me). He begged, threatened to commit suicide, asked for us to go to counseling, told me he wouldn't let me collect my things since my name is not on the house. (I did take the advice here and put a hold on the re-fi with my name) After all of this I caved in and agreed to give it two more months.

Last week was a wake-up call again, he decided to tell the addict that he could stay at the house for the week (I didn't know this and dad was going out of town for three days). Found even more of my things gone while he was there and finally had enough and told him that he is a piece of crap and blah blah blah. We exchanged words, he threatened to hit me and I knocked him out (just as the punch was thrown dad came home early). Now I am not a violent person by any means and feel bad about it (but it felt really good). Dad took him over to Grandmas which is where he has been staying ever since.

Well, I have seen the light and have decided to go on and take out a mortgage of my own in my OWN place with no crazies. My offer was accepted and looks like I will close on 1/3/14. The advice that I'm looking for is should I wait it out here? Dad promised me that son will not be back. Should I tell dad what I am planning? I feel so guilty about all of this but am really kind of stuck.

Comments (3)