Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peck Peck Peck - Doesn't anyone have any REAL problems to solve?

Posted by ceph (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 16, 08 at 17:21

Nobody seems to have any problems these days that aren't solved in a few replies...
So we just all wind up pecking at each other for the next 75 replies.
Boo-urns to that from me!
We either need to get a problem to solve or shuttheh3llup!

"Pblblblblt!" (that's me sticking out my tongue and making childish motor sounds at all the pecking)

*goes back to wedding message board to talk about tiaras*

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peck Peck Peck - Doesn't anyone have any REAL problems to sol

well i gonna keep on pecking since i broke my arm and can't type with both hands. LOL

o

Oh no!
What happened?

o

Must've happened swatting the stepkids...

Totally untrue!

Peck, peck, peck...

Tiaras, Ceph?
Somehow I see you as much more down-to-earth...

o

LOL - it's just a little tiara

Not too far from earth ;)

(And, yes, I will post a bunch of wedding pics after the big day!)

o

Very pretty Ceph!

o

I love your tiara. I assume you do not have veil. I love it! I like tiara so much better.

o

It's very pretty Ceph. It's a tiara without being TOO tiara-ish if that makes any sense at all:)

o

a tiarette! I like it.

o
Pics Pics Pics - Doesn't anyone have any REAL problems to sol

Thanks!

But I do also have a veil, but it will NOT be over my face (soooooo not me)
This is the combo at my hair trial last weekend:

I chose to have both because my dress isn't very "bridesy" - KWIM? (and I needed something borrowed)

The pearls were my mom's (a gift from my grandpa when she was 16 and he did a year of training in England) and are my something old.

You can't really see them, but my earrings are little sapphires (something blue)

I chose ivory for my dress because I am so small and pale that white just doesn't suit me. So all my other stuff (shoes, scarf, purse) is varying shades of darker ivory, gold and champagne.

I don't think I showed you before, so here are two of our favourites from our E-pics:

and

Here is A__ in his cute little suit (he looks quite handsome in it when he's not making faces - LOL!)

And just for kicks, I scanned my cats the other day:
Here is my gleaming black lady who thinks I am deserving of her disdain:

and here is my bad, fat tabby who worships the ground I walk on - no seriously, she's practically a dog!

o

That's exactly how I wore my veil/tiara. You look beautiful!!!

o

Wow! You look gorgeous!
And the 'tiarette' is perfect with that veil and dress --

When's the big day?
(We need to chill the champagne.)

o

ahh, A__ is an adorably cute little boy.

ok, you and FDH are a pretty cute couple too. And you are gorgeous in your wedding dress.

o

Saturday!
(123 hours from now - yowzers!)

o

oh my ceph... how gorgeous... This weekend!! wow it is right around the corner. I wish you all the best :-)

o

How do you paste pictures into your messages on here? There are two pix I want to post but I can't figure it out. I can't "insert" them directly, nor can I even cut and paste from a Word document. Help!

o
how to post a pic pic pic

Serenity:
You need something like photobucket, an imagehosting site that allows direct linking (AFAIK, flickr works too, but gmail's picasa doesn't)
So you put it in your photobucket account, which provides you a "direct link"
Then here, in your post, type the "<" then type "img src =" and paste in the link. Then close it off with the ">".

o

i fell in in my bedroom and ended up...rather DOWN with a spiral fracture of the humorous bone. no cast, no splint just a sling and pain big time.

sweeby, swatting the steps would been more satisfying. my husband's death was very sad but there was even an upside to that. i do not see the steps any more, hallelujah!!!!!

o
RE: way off topic, but cute

damn... I don't have any such account yet. But if you want to see what I was going to paste in, go and google "hovercat": that's what your "scanned" cat pix reminded me of! (I love the one that's been edited to look like it's in the sky!)

Sorry, off-topic, but if it has to do with cats, I will be all over it!

o

Stargazzer:

If it makes you feel better about your injury, I will share some tales of my family's injury woes:
My mom once fell getting up to answer the phone (didn't realize her leg was asleep) and broke her ankle in two places, and tore a bunch of ligaments.

My mom once slipped on a frozen caramel on a frosty sidewalk and broke her ankle.

My mom once slipped on a Bounce sheet on the laundry room floor and broke her ankle.

My dad dropped a grain auger on one shoulder and broke the other ankle.

My dad hung himself up on the grain truck by his wedding ring and nearly lost his finger.

My dad ran himself over with a tractor and broke a bunch of ribs, his collarbone, his glasses and fractured his pelvis.

My dad slid into the boards playing hockey and broke his ankle, and the other skate (he was mostly mad about the skate).

My brother was greasing a tow-truck's hydrolics and got picked up by his arm, tearing a bunch of ligaments.

That same brother also got squashed between a truck and a loading dock, ripping his knee all to crap.

That brother also ripped apart his ankle playing badminton as a teen - his shoe stopped and his body kept going.

The other brother smacked his head open on the roof of a pig truck and got 27 stitches.

That same other brother was an incredibly reckless child and has had countless concussions.

I broke my nose twice - once on a curb and once on a pipe.

My sister remains relatively intact.

o
Topic -pic -pic

Serenity:
Does this thread even have a topic?!
LOL!

o

beatiful couple. and A is a cute little boy!

o

Ceph, OUCH!!!

**cringing** at all the mishaps! I've never broken anything but my mother in law just had knee replacement last month. She was dusting a shelf above her bed & didn't realize she ran out of bed to stand on... went tumbling over and shattered her knee. She spent several months in a wheelchair w/pins in her leg. Once it healed enough, they went in & replaced her knee.

She's a neat freak (always saying how her spotless house is such a mess if she didn't dust it that weekend), she has a small vacuum and big vacuum and uses them to clean each other... DH has a touch of her analness but not that bad. I jokingly told him she's gonna kill herself with her cleaning. (then she had her fall... and she made her poor DH do her cleaning while she directed him from her wheelchair)

o
Ouch indeed!

Ima, your MIL's injury is so something that would happen to my family! (Maybe she's a distant relative - LOL!)

I love that she vacuums her vacuums! That's hilarious!
(But I've used my vacuum's attachments to vacuum the vacuum, so I can't make fun)

o

A---- is totally a cutie and he just looks so gentlemanly in his suit:) You are going to have an adorable wedding! Post pictures! Tons of pictures!

o

Awww Ceph - you guys look so stinking cute. I just can't wait to see the wedding pics. Did you still do the pretty sweater sets for your bridesmaids?

And good freakin' grief on your family! I'm really thinking you should wear flats on your wedding day, just in case. I had a lovely pair of sparkling white Jack Percell Converse under my big fluffy dress.

I think this thread should be named the Seinfeld Thread, as it's a whole lot about not a lot. :-)

o

I'm sure you and your FDH will look gorgeous on your wedding day! A___ looks pretty snazzy too. He's going to be a heartbreaker in a few short years. All kids make wierd faces in photographs. My DD had this really strange "photo smile" which was more like baring her teeth at the camera :-)

o

Ceph...the best advice I was given before my recent wedding was to make sure you relax, forget about all of the little details and enjoy your day. It will fly by!

o

Ceph - you look amazing! And you and FDH look great together! I'm so excited and happy for you! You're a great person!

I second Raek on the relaxing thing. Don't worry about little details. Those take the fun out of everything. Take it from a very detail-oriented person like myself. OH! And make sure you take time to eat! That's the one thing I regretted when I got married (well....except for the actual person I married, but that wasn't until much later). I didn't get to eat any of the food I paid for! I was so busy trying to make sure everyone had a good time. I didn't realize that really, they were all there for me; not the other way around.

o

Beautiful!! And tradition too.
I said before but must say it again. How lucky your FDH and FSS are to have you in their life.

o

Ashley,

"And make sure you take time to eat! That's the one thing I regretted when I got married (well....except for the actual person I married, but that wasn't until much later). "

Lol!! Water nearly came out my nose and onto my keyboard. That's exactly what happened at my wedding!

o

LOL! It's weird how people have all kinds of advice for everything about a wedding except for the practical stuff like........eating and being hydrated (which I also realized I hadn't had 1 drop of liquid all day) and making sure to wear a button-up shirt to the hair appointment. LOL! We had to CUT my shirt off because I already had the veil on and everything. LOL!

I remember that after the wedding when we got to the hotel, I WAS FAMISHED! Instead of eating the great food we bought for everyone else, we ended up spending MORE money on food at the always fabulous.......Whataburger. LMAO! What a wedding night! (said with sarcasm). Why didn't I see the writing on the wall? Our first date was Taco Bell (because he had the munchies, if you know what I mean) and our wedding night meal was Whataburger! LMAO! I should've known..... At least FDH took me to Pappadeaux on our first date! TONS more classy than Taco Bell. LOL!

o

That is so funny Ashley. I know exactly what you mean!!!!! I didn't eat one bite of the fabulous dinner everyone partook of. Then the caterers left all of their trash at the wedding site in bags, that had ripped, so there was garbage "juice" all over the floor. Which I had to clean up. Awful. Just awful. I should have know as well. Why didn't my ex get his groomsmen, or some boys to help him clean up so his bride wasn't hauling big santa sacks of nasty garbage on her wedding night???? Oh, wait, that's right. Because he's an IDIOT! :) The writing on the wall indeed.

o

Oh, Silversword, that IS awful! Boy, talk about a bad omen...

o

Oh that's really bad!

Here's a good one.....you know the traditional feeding of the cake? Well, before we did it, X said "remember this is a rental". So I gently and sweetly put the cake in his mouth while he was shoving it up my nose and grinding it in my face! I even have a picture that someone took precisely at that moment. It was so humiliating! My makeup was ruined and I was sneezing cake for 2 weeks!

o

What an _______! to do that to you Ashley!!!!! (fill in whatever word you'd like, I'm sure what I'm thinking of cannot be strong enough!)

I found out from my super uptight SIL at the reception that someone had offered her drugs. I couldn't believe it. I apologized and said I had no idea. So of course she told her mommy and daddy (she was 36 at the time, btw). And, she said all of her makeup was stolen by my other bridesmaids. When I told my ex that I thought it was strange that only her makeup was stolen (out of a dozen bridesmaids) he said "well, she has good, expensive makeup". Excuse me???? And I have a charcoal pencil and some drywall dust for my makeup? And, no one stole any jewelry, just her makeup?

And let's not forget my ex's female friend skinny dipping in the pool. Now that's a cherishable memory!!! Sure am glad I invited my 85 year old grandma!

o

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

& do follow the "eat" advice.

I once knew a young woman who was too nervous to eat all day long, drank too much champagne at the reception, got weepy & wouldn't leave her daddy, & spent her wedding night with...
her parents!

o

holy crap ladies the whole wedding was one big omen :-)

o

Sylvia,

"I once knew a young woman who was too nervous to eat all day long, drank too much champagne at the reception, got weepy & wouldn't leave her daddy, & spent her wedding night with...
her parents!"

You're kidding, right?

o

ROFLMAO! I just seriously laughed so loud that I scared my coworkers!

Sylvia - I think I know a few girls who might have done that very thing!

No nekkid friends at our wedding, but there was my FIL telling everyone the "Titty Fairy visited me". LMAO!

This isn't as great as the nekkid female friend, but it was pretty embarassing. Thank GOD it wasn't my wedding (this time). My X best friend had her wedding reception in the smallest banquet room of a motel. It was just the reception because they went to the JP the day before (if they were going to get the banquet room anyway, why didn't they just have the ceremony there?). Anyway, the groom is a rather sweaty person and in the middle of his solo dance to Michael Jackson's Beat It (which consisted of spanking himself a lot), takes off his shirt to reveal his undershirt with HUGE holes in it! Then lifts up said sweaty undershirt and does to do a belly-roll.....right in my FDH's face! Like 2' from where he was sitting (alone) and looking right at him. LMAO! FDH looked at me across the room like he was going to die right there! Classy!

o

Ashley, that is disgusting. Truly disgusting. I don't know how your FDH didn't lose it right there. And holes in his undershirt? Hello? They cost $2-4.

This is reminding me of another wedding horror story. I was MOH at a wedding and the groom's mother was having psycological issues. She wore her wedding dress to the wedding (fine, if it were colored, but it was a WHITE WEDDING DRESS!!!!!). Then she was going to sing and for some reason her ordinarily beautiful voice cracked like a I don't know what, but it was really ugly. Then at the reception the MOB got so drunk she did a face plant at the head table (you could hear it across the room) and lost her skirt on the dance floor.

It's really funny now, but being MOH and having to deal with it at the time was not a fun experience!

o

LOL - I was two weddings a few years ago where some things got a little troublesome...

1) Two of the groom's sisters got in a fistfight over the bouquet. Their mother broke it up.

2) A bridesmaid got INCREDIBLY drunk, popped a bunch of balloons on the dance floor while shouting profanity like "WeddingGuestGuy doesn't love WeddingGuestGirl because he used to F*** ME!!!"
She was a peach, I tell ya.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here