SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamom_gw

Some nice news on SD

lamom
14 years ago

SD36 gave DS7 a $50 Toys R Us gift card for his birthday around a month ago. This is a standard gift that she gives to the younger relatives although I think $50 was extra generous. My little boy is only 7 so $50 is a lot of money. She also takes them to shop at Toys R Us so they can pick out their own gift. She had not taken DS7 before.

I asked SD if she would take him to Toys R Us with the gift card to shop so he would understand that the gift was really from her.

She picked him up this morning, took him to TRU where he purchased one item, another Wii game. She called me to ask if it was OK and I said yes as the gift is really from her. DS7 was happy to be with her, well behaved at the story (whew!) and she said she enjoyed taking him. She was impressed that he was happy with one thing that only cost $20 and wanted to save his remaining $30 balance for later. I was proud! Later we had a nice chat on the phone.

I am very happy that she took a couple of hours to bond with him. Especially since I am home with the flu today. She even offered to bring ME some medicine but I told her that DH would. I should have said yes as he hasn't shown with cold medicine yet! Luckily DS7 was on his best behavior and some of the other family kids have gone wild on these shopping trips so she was impressed.

See, it's not all negative! You guys are right, SD36 in making a decided effort and I appreciate it.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz