SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley1979_gw

Positive with SD

ashley1979
13 years ago

Social networking is such a sticky situation to get into!

SD got a MySpace page when she turned 14. She never told DH, even when BM (supposedly) told her to tell him. I'm not sure how DH found out, but on the trip for the wedding, SD's boyfriend (at the time), whom had never met me or DH, asked to be my friend on MySpace. I RARELY get on there so I was shocked when I got the e-mail notification. How would he have known me (we weren't married so I had my previous name still) unless SD told him who I was? I wasn't friends with her on MySpace and neither was DH. I asked DH what to do and he said to ignore it and don't worry about it. Strange, huh?

A year or so ago DH became friends with his son and DIL on Facebook. It's been really great for him to keep up with his grandkids.

After we got back from son's wedding, DH suggested I ask them to be friends. I told him no. That I was not going to befriend either of his kids on any social networking site unless they asked first. I want them to decide on what they want their relationship with me to be, and I don't want to force myself on them.

SD got a Facebook page about a month ago, and last week asked me to be her friend. I accepted, of course, but was totally encouraged that SHE chose to include me.

So, anyway, thank God for small steps!

Comments (8)