SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamom_gw

Revelations SD36 yay for the home team

lamom
14 years ago

SD36 is going through a divorce initiated by her husband. Although she did not want it, as time as passed, she has prepared herself for it. For some reasons her estranged husband who initiated the separation and divorce is dragging his feet on getting the papers completed. Meanwhile, to her credit, SD36 has been dating, going out with friends, moving on with her life.

She has been sharing with me a bit, things about her single life since I am not that far in age from her and because I was single for a long time. She revealed to me that her mother, BM, recently told her that her soon to be ex husband would be the "best she could ever hope to land" and that his foot dragging means that he is signaling a desire for her to pursue him again and that she, BM, thinks she, SD, should pursue a reconciliation! Are you kidding me? Talk about revelations, what the who? My mother would NEVER tell me anything like that.

I stay as neutral as I can in this whole area. She has opened this up to me, not because I think we are that close but because at least I understand some things in the area of being single/relationships and I keep my trap shut. Plus, I think it's great that she is partying, traveling and clubbing, tell her so and why not? A good job, owns her own home now plus other things, a soon to be ex husband and not that old? Shoot! My position is go for it and we click on that level.

She told me that BM is not carrying a torch for DH but misses the "married with children" status she had before so pushes that for her. This is one of those few times where being the emotionally uninvested step mom has an advantage. BM would hate this but Party On!!!

Comments (2)