SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyflutter

BM needs help w/Ex-Wife...

ladyflutter
15 years ago

I've looked all over and most the topics are Stepmoms dealing with Biomoms. Mine is a different problem it's my ex-husband's wife. Long story as short as possible while married 12 years he was never involved in much of the child rearing. Partly the reason I wanted a divorce. We have 3 children together. His involvement remained about the same once divorced. I made the decisions, Dr.'s appt. rides from school, planning so on and so on. Then he meets a woman who has two kids. After awhile his behavior starts to change and he starts making changes with the kids schedule and so on. Ok I think he's finally starting to take part of this parenting thing. Well long story short, it was the new woman who eventually became wife pulling the strings. I was getting child support which he and I had agreed on to keep the kids in the house they grew up in and as much of a stable environment as possible. Well soon after they took me to court to ask it be dropped as we had equal custody. Coinsidence..she was moving in with him with her two kids all about the same time. At some point her and I began speaking and working thru all the issues that parents do together. School, homework, attitudes, schedule changes etc. all went thru her. I hardly ever talked to my ex, which was fine because he was very bitter towards me anyway. My kids didnt care for her kids and felt like dad spent more time with SM than them when they were there. So it was a very rough start for all of us. Once they were together about 2 years she kept bullying me to change the custody schedule which I totally did not want to do. Then things became heated. My son(16) decided one weekend that he just didnt want to be there anymore. I told him he had to go. He said if I made him he would run away. I told his dad, and he said its court ordered he had to. Basically his father tried to force physically my son to go with him by shoving him down the driveway. Sooo..restraining order and now full blown court. The kids have had counseling, each family has had family study done by a professional to assess the problems. Oh yeah and somewhere in there her daughters were inappropriately touching my daughters. I took my daughter to the Dr. which reported it to the local officials. There were guidelines put in place to keep the kids safe. Which were never followed by the dad and SM as they were in denial. However I am the crazy mother for taking my daughters to the Dr. and crazy to think that her daughters would do such a thing. That's all normal kid stuff according to SM. Anyway thru alot of court and gritted teeth, here we are today. My ex and I were doing all the communicating and arranging, but she was always in the background pulling the strings. Example....he and I would make plans about the kids, or I would ask for a change and everthing would be "yeah, ok no problem" then he would talk to SM then he would change his mind. ALWAYS! Then my youngest wanted a family birthday party. So somehow SM and I coordinated and planned it.My thought was it was just easier to deal with her directly because she was calling the shots anyway. (of course he denies it but I was married to the man I know how it works) Anyway its been a year now of her and I working things out. Whats happening though is she is a complete control freak. Her emails sometimes make my head spin. Every simple little thing is to be planned, coordinated, detailed etc. etc. It's very exhausting and draining and God forbid I should ever have an opinion different than hers. These are my kids, yet somehow I have to defend my parenting to her. I have really bitten my tongue alot so we can maintain the "peace" because it really has been better for the kids. She doesnt know her boundaries though...she told me today how I needed to arrange my morning routine to fullfill a ride obligation for a kid that she (SM) made to another parent. Which has absolutely nothing to do with me. She is coordinating my son's phone calls while he's in basic training. Dad one week then mom the next. I think he is old enough to figure that out for himself. My current husband and I just spent the whole, WHOLE weekend with him and her at my son's AF graduation weekend, we really are trying to make it work. I'm exhausted with her controllingness though and if I say anything I am the crazy psycho ex wife. How do I continue "keeping the peace" and dealing with her controllingness at the same time? We are both very strong women which lends some weight to the problem, but at what point is enough enough and a person realizes that they have crossed the line? Help..please....any advice is appreciated.

Comments (31)