SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momof3_stepof1

Sick Step Son

momof3_stepof1
12 years ago

Ok, yes, my last few days have been full of drama!! Oh goody! My ss spent Thanksgiving with his mom. We picked him up from bm's moms house on Sunday. We picked him up at noon, bm left there at 9 am to go home to the other state. SS was FINE all day Sunday then Sunday night he came into our bedroom crying because he didn't feel well. He said his stomach hurt really bad and he felt like he was going to throw up. We got him a bucket and dh layed in his room for a bit. Monday he didn't feel well and stayed home from school. (DH was calling me yelling at me to come home, I was driving to hearing.... he didn't want me to go, obviously I had to.... BUT he kept saying I'm the mom and need to be there with him............ I know you all will criticize him for this... it's ok, I already know) My hearing was 2 hours away. It started late because the jail didn't have dumb @ss there on time. I got out of there about 9:45 got home by 11:40ish. DH had left ss there with his phone beside him. I made him a dr appointment for 1. I took him. He had labs and xray to rule out appendecitis. DH texted bm, she said her evil little brat ss had been sick a week ago Monday and two kids her mom babysits for had been sick a couple weeks ago. She says they talked Saturday night and then again Sunday night and she thinks he's just emotionally drained. Tuesday he went to school. DH made him, didn't ask how he was, just sent him on. About noon we got a call from the nurse. He needed picked up. Again, dh calls me saying "what do I do?" "You're the mom, you decide".... OMG! IF I decide and it's against bm's wishes I'm the one at fault.... OMG!! Ok, so we take him to ER (Dr told us if he didn't get better to do so) DH just brought him here... to my work. I was here. I clocked out and stayed with him. DH left to go get ds9. Again nothing found wrong with ss. They give him zofran, he feels better. We go home he plays a ton with ds9, does homework, eats a HUGE dinner. (BTW... he says he barely ate all weekend with bm.... NICE!!... and it's gotta be true... he lost 5 pounds. NOT GOOD... he's only 81 lbs now and is 11!!! He's at least 5'2. My ds11 weighs 130... yes, MUCH bigger boned, etc... but huge difference) We watch some TV, he is laying on me for an hour or more. I'm fine with it but ds9 is HUGELY jealous... and comes sits on me too. SS gets up and goes to bathroom downstairs and acts like he's going to throw up. DH asks him what's wrong? He says he doesn't feel good again. DH says.... you are sick, then you're not, then you are, then you're not. Asks him what's really going on. SS says nothing. DH and I both asked what happened over the weekend. He says nothing. DH is frustrated beyond belief. SS goes to bed. I go in and pick up dirty laundry. SS tells me he's scared of dh getting mad at him for being sick and starts to tear up. (But only after he said... momof3... nevermind and I prodded him) I think maybe he just made something up but was going to tell me something. DH has never been scary to ss. EVER!

I read bm's texts to dh. To me it sounds like she is putting crap in ss's head. He either now doesn't want to go with her or he's feeling guilty about something. I'm not sure what it is. BM called him Monday night and Tuesday night and he didn't return her calls. (he missed them)... his sd texted him and he didn't return a text. He's not sick! I sent him to school with a zofran in his belly. No call yet. I really think this stupid woman is tormenting him in some way. SS has ALWAYS been open with me and came to me telling me things... and it's always stuff he's "not supposed to tell".... I told him I love him last night and reminded him he can tell me anything. He shook his head yes and said he loved me too.

He has to get braces January 9 because of the tooth that's coming in where she didn't get a spacer put in. It's coming in in the roof of his mouth. It's going to be $4000. She has to pay 40%. She said she's ok with him getting them but not ok with paying.... she told ss this, not us.

This morning she texted dh and asked to get him Dec 16 and 17... then let us have him till Christmas morning and us meet her at old meeting spot to go to her that day. Otherwise he's not getting his gifts from her till Monday after Christmas and not from us till after break... January 8. There is just no way we can drive to the new meeting spot twice one weekend and then to old meeting spot the next. I told dh we aren't required to drive that much. If she wants to do that that's fine but she's picking him up at our home Christmas day. Then we find out ss has basketball tournament the 16th and 17th... so we are telling her no. I'm afraid she'll call ss and make him feel guilty. Remember, she's only supposed to get him one weekend per month. We are allowed to say no because she's getting him from Dec 23 to January 8.

What the heck is she doing? Why is he sick? Oh... and NO FEVER either!!! I feel like he's forcing himself to throw up. We heard him in the bathroom "coughing".... Something happened this weekend. DH and I are convinced of it. What do you think?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz