SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silversword_gw

Aggravation

silversword
13 years ago

DD has to go to a funeral for a family member on her dad's side. He will be traveling from out of state and so will she. It's not reasonable for him to fly in to our state to fly with her, so her grandfather asked if she could fly with her aunt's SO and BFF. I'm fine with that, even though I don't particularly know them, I will put her on the plane and then she will land and be met by X and family members. She's been flying UM since she was five, so I know she can handle it.

Here's the issue. EX-SIL doesn't seem to think it's important for me to get their personal info to put on DD's consent to travel form. I'm asking for full names, DL# and issuing state and phone numbers. I didn't want to argue with her so I kept saying I'd work it out with them, rather than her.

I admit, some of this is carried over from past experiences with her. But honestly, does anyone think this is just me being overprotective mom? Would you want your 8 year old daughter with a form saying who she is traveling with and where, with their information just in case something happens or would you be fine handing her off to virtual strangers and hoping she gets there and if something goes wrong just trying to explain who she's with (um, he's a tallish guy wearing jeans, goes by the first name _______) or having to call X-SIL to get his info in case something happens?

X-SIL kept saying "my dad told the airline she'd be traveling with family so it's all fine". Ok. But they're not, technically, family. X-SIL didn't marry her SO, and the other person is just her friend. So no, in the eyes of the law, they aren't family. AND, the person X-FIL talked to on the phone is NOT the person who will be at the gate, doing check in. Obviously. Has any one ever made an agreement with someone on the phone only to get to the physical location and have no one know what you're talking about? Who would be willing to take that chance with a child?

I'm doing this because I know DD would rather fly with her cousin and uncle, and I want to make it easy on the family so they don't have to make several trips to the airport. So I'm going out of my way to drive her up an hour extra to the airport from which they are flying. And that's if there is no traffic.

I just want to slap them silly.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor