SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ulrike1_gw

Thanksgiving Dilemma

ulrike1
14 years ago

Well, I'm joining the ranks of Lamom and others with holiday challenges. This is the first year I will not have either of my biokids for Thanksgiving. My son is on a year abroad with his college, and my DD is going to join him for a week since she has that time off from her college. It is a really cool opportunity for her, and for both of them to spend that time together. My ex and I split the cost of her ticket.

The SDs alternate years, and this is our year. I'll miss my kids, but it will be a nice, calmer holiday with just the two girls. To be honest, sometimes the four kids are so active together that DH and I don't see as much of them as we would like, so we were looking forward to this.

However, BM called last night with a proposal. The girls had mentioned to her that DS and DD would not be here for Thanksgiving, and BM suggested to DH that we all come to their place instead. Her father will be in town, and he is in failing health, so it was definitely planned for the girls to spend a lot of time at her place while they were home. It would mean a lot to her to have the girls there.

We haven't decided what to do, but we need to soon! My thought is that SDs should probably go to BM's instead. But us go? I don't want to. Awkward. But I sense DH is sad that he won't be with SDs. I want to tell him to go if he wants to, but I really don't want to myself. But should he go?

For sure if SDs aren't here, I am going to bag the dinner here--I'd be happy to give the turkey to the food bank and have a quiet, relaxing day.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler