Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
needing advise

Posted by dannygirl1320 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 13, 08 at 12:22

HI EVERYBODY.
I AM NEW HERE AND NEW TO THE WHOLE FORUM THING. I AM NOT USUALLY THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT AIRS MY BUSINESS BUT I HAVE A SITUATION THAT I AM NOT SURE HOW AND WHERE TO DIRECT MY STRESS. I HAVE BEEN READING THIS FORUM NOW FOR A COUPLE WEEKS AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALL OFFER SOME GREAT ADVICE. I REALLY DIDNT WANT TO TELL YOU HOW OLD I AM BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO HEAR THAT I AM TOO YOUNG FOR THIS BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I AM VERY MATURE AND HAVE TAKEN THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN ADULT SINCE I WAS VERY YOUNG. I AM NOT THE TYPICAL 22 YEAR OLD. YES 22. MY BOYFRIEND IN 8 YEARS OLDER THAN MYSELF. I HAVE BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY BOYFRIEND FOR 1 YEAR AND 8 MONTHS. HE HAS A 6 YEAR OLD SON. HE IS AN EXCELLENT FATHER AND COMPANION. I AM VERY ATTACHED TO HIS SON. I DO NOT HAVE ANY CHILDREN. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS DID I SEE HOW DIFFICULT THINGS COULD AND WOULD BE AT TIMES. I AM HOPING THAT THE WORST IS BEHIND ME NOW BUT I AM NOT SURE.OKAY NOW THE DRAMA BEGINS... I STARTING DATING MY BOYFRIEND A FEW MONTHS AFTER HE HAD SEPERATED FROM HIS WIFE AND THINGS WERE REAL HECTIC. WE DATED FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS THEN HE DECIDES HE CANT DEAL WITH BEING WITHOUT HIS SON EVERYDAY.( HIS PARENTS WENT THROUGH A TERRIBLE DIVORCE AND HE DOES NOT HAVE MANY MEMORIES OF HIS FATHER DUE TO THAT)HE WENT BACK TO HER. STAYED FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THAT HE MADE A MISTAKE. SAID HE CANT LIVE WITH HER JUST FOR THERE SON THAT IT WAS NOT FAIR TO EITHER OF THEM. BM BEGGED HIM TO STAY. THEY HAD FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND TO BE A TERRIBLE REALATIONSHIP . THEY SPLIT UP ABOUT EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS MOVED OUT COMPLETLY ON A REGULAR BASIS AND WERE ONLY TOGETHER FOR ONE OF HIS SONS BIRTHDAYS IN 4 YEARS. THEY DID NOT FIGHT WITH HIS SON PRESENT BUT SPLITTING UP ALL THE TIME SEEMS DAMAGING TO ME. I KNEW THAT HE WAS NOT YET DIVORCED WHEN WE MET. I KNEW THAT THINGS WERE ROCKY, HE MADE IT ALL VERY CLEAR TO ME BEFOR WE WERE INVOLVED. I CONSIDER US TO HAVE A VERY GOOD RELATIONSHIP AND VERY OPEN TO DISCUSSION BUT THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION I SEEM TO HAVE A HARD TIME TALKING TO HIM ABOUT. HIS WIFE GAVE HIM A HARD TIME FOR A WHILE THAT THINGS WOULD CHANGE AND THEY COULD MAKE THINGS WORK FOR THE SAKE OF THERE SON. MY BOYFRIEND WAS CONVINCED THAT IN 6 YEARS OF MARRIAGE IT NEVER DID SO WHY WOULD IT CHANGE NOW. SHE TRIED NOT ALLOWING HIM TO SEE HIS SON BUT MY BF DID NOT STAND FOR THAT. SOON AS HE MOVED OUT HE BEGAN PAYING HER CHILD SUPPORT THAT WAS NOT COURT ORDERED. HE STARTING PAYING HER 600 DOLLARS A MONTH. MY BF IS VERY STRAIGHT LACED AND WOULD DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING FOR THE WELL BEING OF HIS SON. I WITNESSED SEVERAL MONTHS OF FIGHTING OVER THE PHONE. THEY DID NOT GET ALONG AND SHE WOULD TRY TO DO MEAN THINGS TO MY BF LIKE NOT ANSWERING THE PHONE WHEN HE WOULD CALL TO TALK TO HIS SON OR GIVING HIM THE RUNAROUND ABOUT PICKING HIM UP. ABOUT 2 MONTHS INTO OUR RELATIONSHIP THE FIGHTING ON A DAILY BASIS HAD PRETTY MUCH STOPPED. HE GETS HIS SON EVERY OTHER WEEKEND AND WE PICK HIM UP FROM DAYCARE EVERYDAY AFTER WORK (WE NOW WORK FOR THE SAME COMPANY) WHICH WAS AN HOUR AND 20 MINS FROM WORK. WE GET OFF AT 5 AND GET HOME AT 720PM AFTER GOING TO DAY CARE. THE DAYCARE WAS 10 MINUTES FROM HIS EW HOUSE. WE DID THAT SO MY BF COULD SEE HIS SON EVERYDAY. I AM GOING TO SKIP UP ABOUT A YEAR OR SO TO OUR PRESENT RELATIONSHIP. WE GET HIS SON STILL EVERYOTHER WEEKEND AND 2 DAYS A WEEK FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS TOTAL. HIS EW MOVED ABOUT 10 MINUTES AWAY FROM US. SHE KNOWS WE LIVE TOGETHER. MY BF STILL HAS NOT GOTTEN HIS DIVORCE OR FILED FOR CHILD SUPPORT PAPERWORK. MONEY HAS BEEN AN ISSUE. WE NOW PAY 750 DOLLARS A MONTH IN CHILD SUPPORT BEING THAT WE LIVE TOGETHER AND WE BOTH HAVE A DECENT INCOME. WE ALSO CARRY ALL MEDICAL AND DENTAL INSURANCE AND PAY ANY PRESCRIPTINS AND AND CO PAYS. WE ALSO PAY HALF OF KARATE, SCHOOL PICTURES, DAYCARE ETC. WHEN HE SEPERATED FROM HIS WIFE HE LEFT WITH ONLY HIS CLOTHES AND HIS COMPUTER SO HIS SON WOULD NOT SUFFER FROM THE SEPERATION.HE HAD JUST THOSE ITEMS PLUS A CAR WHEN WE MET. WE MOVED IN TOGETHER AND ARE STILL TRYING TO FURNISH OUR HOME. OER A YEAR LATER.. WE HAVE PRETTY MUCH STARTED FROM SCRATCH JUST LIKE MOVING OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME. LOL..I MUST SAY ITS HARD WORK. WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIX CREDIT THAT WAS DESTROYED, CREDIT CARDS THAT WERE NEVER PAID AND MEDICAL BILLS BLAH BLAH BLAH.. THAT MY BF HAD NO IDEA HE EVEN HAD IN HIS NAME. ANYWAY FINANCIALY IT BEEN HARD BUT WE ARE DOING THE BEST WE CAN. I FOR THE MOST PART DONT HAVE MUCH DEALING WITH THE EW. WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER AT A COUPLE FUNCTIONS AT THE SCHOOL AND KARATE BUT NOT MUCH SOCIALIZING TOOK PLACE. WE HAVE TALKED ON THE PHONE ABOUT SS BUT THAT HAS BEEN THE MOST OF IT. I ALWAYS HAVE TO INITIAT ANY CONVERSATION TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD. SHE HATES ME!! SHE GLARES AT ME, WONT SMILE, SAY HELLO OR ANYTHING. I HAVE NOT DONE A THING TO HER. ALL I HAVE DONE IS GET INVOLVED WITH HER EH MONTHS AFTER THERE SEPERATION THERE WAS NO MORE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THEM OTHER THAN DEALING WITH THERE SON. SO WHY DOES SHE HATE ME?? I HAVE DEVELOPED AN EXCELLENT RELATIONSHIP WITH (GOING TO CALL HIM SS EVEN THOUGH LEGALLY HE IS NOT)SS. I TALK TO HIME ON THE PHONE EVERY NIGHT AT 830PM WHEN MY BF CALLS HIM TO TELL HIM G NIGHT. I SPEND A LOT OF TIME WITH HIM AND WE GET ALONG WELL. I NOTICED THAT HE WONT ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM AROUND IF HIS MOM IS PRESENT. I KNOW HE WILL NEVER TREAT ME THE SAME IN FRONT OF HER AS HE DOES WHEN WERE AT HOME BUT I FEEL IF SHE WOULD BE FRIENDLY THEN HE WOULD BE MORE COMFORTABLE AROUND THE TWO OF US. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR HIM TO RUN AND GIVE ME A HUD BUT NI DONT WANT HIM TO FEEL LIKE HE IS DOING SOMETHIG WRONG BY BEING NICE TO ME. I FEEL IT IS CAUSED BY HER COLD SOULDER TOWARD ME. HERE LATLY THERE HAS BEEN SOME OTHER THINGS GOING ON. MY BOYFRIEND ASKED ME TO GET HIS PHONE FOR HIM BECAUSE IT HAD BEEN BEEPING. WHEN I PICKED UP THE PHONE IT WAS ON TEXT MESSAGE SCREEN AND IT SHOWED THE BEGINNING OF THE MESSAGE. IT SAID "HEY CUTIE!!"... I WAS LIKE BLOWN AWAY THAT HE WOULD HAVE A MESSAGE LIKE THAT FROM SOMEONE. THIS ALL HAPPENED IN FRONT OF HIM. I DID NOT OPEN THE MESSAGE BUT I ASKED HIM IMMEDIATLY WHO IT WAS FROM. HE TOLD ME FROM EW. I ASKED HIM DOES SHE ALWAYS SEND STUFF LIKE THAT???.. HE SAID NO IT WAS THE FIRST. I BELIEVED HIM BEING THAT I HAD NO REASON NOT TO. HE SAID SHE WAS JUST BEING FRIENDLY. I TOLD HIM I LIKE FRIENDLY BUT NOT THAT FRIENDLY.I ASKED HIM IF THAT CONTINUED THEN I WANTED HIM TO TELL HER IT WAS INAPPROPRIATE. WELL I ALSO HAVE NOTICED THAT MY BF COMES HOMES FROM WORK AND TELLS ME THINGS THAT SHE SAID USUALLY IN A TEXT MESSAGE. MY BF AND I CARPOOL TO AND FROM WORK EVERY DAY BEING THAT WE WORK FOR THE SAME COMPANY AND WORK THE SAME HOURS. WE DONT SEE EACH OTHER DURING THE DAY BECAUSE WE WORK IN DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS. IT HAS GOTTEN TO BE A REGULAR THING FOR HIM TO TELL ME ABOUT THINGS THAT SHE TEXT HIM SOMETIMES IT IS ABOUT THERE SON BUT NOT USUALLY. WELL THE OTHER DAY I GRABBED HIS CELL PHONE OUT OF MY PURSE, WHERE HE PUT IT. I GUESS WHEN I GRABBED IT I HIT A BUTTON AND IT WENT TO HIS MESSAGE SCREEN. I SAW THAT HE HAD BEEN TALKING TO HER A LOT THROUGHTOUT THE DAY, I GOT NOSEY AND READ THROUGH ALL HIS MESSAGES. I KNOW SHAME ON ME BUT THINGS HAVE A CHANGES A BIT AND I WANNA KNOW WHY.. WHAT BETTER WAY TO FIND OUT. AT FIRST THE MESSAGES WERE REALLY STUPID LIKE HEY DID YOU WATCH XX ON TV LAST NIGHT?? I SAW SOMETHING THAT MADE ME THINK ABOUT YOU... HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?? ALL THINGS THAT SHE SENT TO HIM. HE DID REPLY TO ALL HER MESSAGES I NOTICED THAT HIS RESPONSE WAS SHORT BUT ANSWERED HER QUESTIONS. NO TIME TO WATCH TV. OK AND FINE WERE HIS REPLIES TO HER QUESTIONS. BUT I DID NOTICE SHE STARTED TALKING ABOUT CARS I GUESS TRYING TO MAKE CONVERSATION... HE IS HUGE INTO CARS!! SHE WAS TEXTING ABOUT A COOL CAR AND HE REPLIED THEN I NOTICED THAT SHE SAID "HOW ELSE WOULD A GIRL LIKE ME GET A GUY LIKE YOU ATTENTION?" MY BF DID NOT REPLY. I DID NOT TELL HIM I READ THROUGH THE MESSAGES. BUT THAT SAME NIGHT I BROUGHT UP A CAR CONVERSATION, THE SAME CAR THEY HAD TALKED ABOUT.. JUST TO SEE IF HE WOULD MENTION TO ME ABOUT THERE CONVERSATION.AT THE TIME HE DID NOT BUT HE HAD THE WEIRDEST LOOK ON HIS FACE. IT WAS SO FUNNY. ABOUT 2 HOURS LATER HE SAID ITS FUNNY THAT YOU BROUGHT THAT CONVERSATION UP CAUSE BM TEXT ME ABOUT THE SAME CAR. LOL.. YEA.. HE TOLD ME!! I FELT SO MUCH BETTER. WELL THEN ABOUT A DAY LATER HE TOLD ME SHE HAD BEEN TEXTING HIM. STUPID STUFF..WELL I ASKED HIM WHY DOES SHE ONLY TRY TO TALK TO YOU WHEN SHE KNOWS THAT I AM NOT WITH YOU. DONT YOU THINK THATS KINDA STRANGE?? YES I THINK ITS WEIRD BUT WE HAVE TO GET ALONG. WELL WHEN HE IS WITH ME AND SHE SENDS A MESSAGE HE DOES NOT ANSWER HER, HE JUST ROLLS HIS EYES. BUT YET WHEN HE IS AT WORK HE WILL TEXT BACK AND FORTH WITH HER THROUGHOUT THE DAY. SHORT BUT STILL HE DOES IT WHEN I AM NOT AROUNG BUT DOES NOT DO IT WHEN I AM AROUND. IS THIS STRANGE? SHOULD I BE WORRIED? I ASKED HIM ABOUT THIS BEHAVIOR AND HE SAID THAT IT IS HARD TO BALANCE TWO WOMEN WITHOUT MAKING SOMEONE MAD AND HE HAS TO BE FRIENDLY WITH BECAUSE SHE IS THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD. I UNDERSTAND ALL THAT AND I LIKE FRIENDLY BUT NOT TOO FRIENDLY. I HAVE A FEELING THAT SHE IS TRYING TO GET THIS TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. HE KNOWS IT TOO BC HE TOLD ME THAT SHE DOES USUALLY TRY TO TALK WHEN SHE KNOWS I AM NOT AROUND. HOW DO I STOP THIS WITHOUT CAUSING A PROBLEM FOR MY BF AND SON. IS ALL THIS NORMAL? WILL IT GET EASIER.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: needing advise

Sorry, the ALL CAPS made my eyes hurt!

o

I can't read it either---I though it was just me? The all caps makes me very disoriented!

Can you repost?

o

She's pissy because her BF gets text messages from his wife all throughout the day while he is at work but doesn't when he is with OP .... he answers them during the day but not at night....

(he's still married and can't understand why wifey doesn't like OP)

should she be worried!!!

o

It's up to him to put a stop to non child related and/or inappropriate conversations with his ex. It's fine if they can be friendly, that's the best thing for their child. It's not fine if he's hiding it or lying about it to OP because it's inappropriate content.

If ex is reminiscing and engaged in trying to win him back and he has no interest or intention of going back, but he keeps himself engaged in the conversations (even if ex is initiating it) and does not tell her to stop & create boundaries for his ex, then it will probably get very ugly when he finally puts his foot down or she finally realizes it's over. It will probably get ugly either way. Unless she meets someone else and truly doesn't care what he does, which it does NOT sound that way at all, it will not get any easier... it will get harder.

Sounds as if he enjoys the attention and/or he isn't fully disconnected from his marriage and it's not a good time to start a new relationship. OP, your age has nothing to do with it. Your BF is the one that sounds like he's either immature or not ready for a new relationship, he has to let go of the last one first.

o

I am sorry about all caps. I was just in a hurry. i know that him still being married may make it hard for anyone to even consider that what is going on may be wrong. Wife also has a live in bf. they are just not divorced. They have been seperated for 2 years. she moved in with her bf a week after my bf and i moved in together.

o

I tried to get through most of your post, and I think i got the gist.

I'm also not too concerned about your age - I'm 26, FDH is 30, FSS is 9. While I don't know that at 22 I would have been ready to get involved with FDH and then-5yo FSS, age doesn't mean everything, and that's good if you are ready.

About the texting...
An ex of mine (4 year relationship) occasionally messages me on facebook or through email. Usually he just wants to say hi, but he gets cutesy once in awhile. When he gets reminiscing or pushing my limits, it never seemed to matter how I replied, he just kept it up.
And then I figured it out! I replied "Oh, I mentioned your new camera to FDH - he says to tell you that he thinks it's awesome" and that was the end of the flirty stuff.
As soon as he knows that I share our conversation with FDH, he's bored of trying to flirt with me.
Maybe your BF could try that on ExW? Text back something like "Yeah, DG1320 thinks _____ too!" or "I told DG1320 about that, she thought it was funny"
If she knows he's communicating with you about her texts, she might drop the cute.

o

It sounds like it is more than just texts. From what I understand, he went back and forth between the two of you for some period of time? And is still not divorced after a year of being just with you?

There sounds like he is not fully disengaged from the relationship with her. Nor does he actually want to be, he would've put a stop to a lot of this a long time ago.

I think you need to have a frank discussion about boundaries and where you see yourself with him now.

o

thank you so much for everything.I really needed to hear from someone else. I will have discussion and a blunt one at that with bf. i just needed to know that i was just not being a jealous mess. i know the divorce needs to be done and we have talked about it numerous times. i think he is being timid when it comes to bringing it up with the ex. i think he is afraid it will take away from some of the time we get to spend with his son. she is pretty cool about letting us have extra time and we do the same for her. she actually at one time told us that she had already filed it and it would be a couple months befor we would get the paperwork and it would be mailed to us. i am not sure of the process so i did not know what to expect. what can i do to help point him in the right direction? It will be uncontested ( i believe that is right). The only thing that is left is the actual child support. i think boundaries would be great. i just have to figure out how to set them. i have just been in fear that if i push i will push him away. his son realy is the most important person to him and i dont want to make it any harder on him. Thanks again for everything. i thought you were all going to belittle me and tell me what kind of scum i was because i am involved with a married man. Truth be know it sounds really bad but she went on with her life shortly after the split and i guess when things started to get serious between us she changed her mind. i never in a million years expected any of this to happen. Almost like it was meant to be for us to meet. I met him at an apartment pool party (neither of us drink) thats what struck the conversation. i had already applied for a job with the company that i later found out he worked for. It is all a little strange. Please dont think of me as a bad person because i just want to be level headed about the whole thing. its not how had pictured my life and the way things to happen but i just have to work through the rough spots. i chose this forum because it is a step family forum and i am hoping to accomplish a happy step family. i thought that through some of your experience you would help me through what seems to be a difficult time. i am not the type to give up and i turned to you for advice. Thanks again to you all for your help.

o

I think you're right Ima, and good suggestion Ceph!

BTW, I think you're doing everything right, except reading his texts. Either you trust him or you don't. And snooping is a slippery trail that is hard to get off of once started. That he told you about the text about the car says a lot. He's probably just trying to maintain a good relationship with her for his son.

My DH gets irritated that I talk to my X and am friendly. We talk on the phone to discuss our DD, etc. And occasionally he talks about his work, etc. and I talk because i know he is lonely. But, as I tell DH, I don't want to make waves, I want to maintain a friendship for DD. I don't like it when he talks to his X either.

You and X will probably never be friends. Be civil. It's the most you can hope for.

o

I guess thats all i can do and i know snooping is not a good idea. Yes i agree its hard to stop. That one incedent made me curious and i did not wanna make waves if it really was innocent. i needed some back up because i felt i was being kept in the dark. i have found myself eye balling the phone wanting to look at it but i must say i have not given in since these 2 incidents. lol. one more question.. could bms cold shoulder toward me be a reason why ss wont acknowledge my presence when we are all together. i have an excellent relationshiop with him any other time. i know he probably wont ever open up to me in front of her like he does when we are alone. if he does not wanna talk to me in front of her bc he doesnt want to i am fine with that i just dont want it to be because he feels like its wrong. is there any meeting in the middle with her about this. anything i can do to make it easier on ss. when we are all together bf myself bm and bmbf ss will talk to everyone except me. it hurts but i try not to take it personal. he opens up to bmbf in front of his dad and i think it is because we have made him feel like its okay for him to be friends with bmbf. any suggestions?

o

Time. Time. and more TIME. that's the only thing that might make bio like you, or be civil toward you.

Show SS that you are ok with him loving his mom. It's important for them to have a relationship. don't make him feel in any way that the relationship you have with him is impacted by your relationship (or lack of) with her.

Don't take it personal. He's a kid trying to navigate dangerous, unknown waters. He'll come out of it eventually. I assume your BF is more mature around BMBF than BM is around you. Plus kids are usually more attached to moms, and moms are usually more open with their feelings, so kid could be picking up on mom's weirdness more than dad's feelings about BMBF. (if that makes any sense)

Keep strong on the snooping. It will not get you anywhere you want to go. I know it's hard, believe me!!! but if you have gut bad feelings, ask, and then snoop away. That's how I caught my ex and his cheating. But I had a lot of reason to check, and I asked him time and again, and i knew he was lying. Totally different situation than what I'm getting from you.

Maybe you can talk SS up around everyone next time. Find something he did (maybe you encouraged him to draw a nice picture for his biomom?) and then mention what a great artist he is. That way biomom and he feel special. The best way to melt an iceburg is by pouring a lot of warm water on it. Douse her with kindness, but all via the son and how great he is.

o

I am well on my way. Time is on my side. BM called last night and advised BF that she feels that ss spends too much time with me alone. my bf is ofetn on call out at work and sometimes he is called to work when we have ss over. It could be in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning but when he is called he has no choice but to go. BM wants him to take ss to her whenever he is not there. She said its her son and if ss is not with him then ss needs to be with her but when roles are reversed she feels that its okay for ss to stay with bmbf. What do i do it that situation. That takes away any chance of a bond with my ss. It seems to me that it would cause more harm than good. How do we get her to see it as a 2 way street? She told a close friend of my bf in secrecy that she thinks its funny that i try so hard to be nice even when she is rude to me. It makes me feel like a fool sometimes. Do you think she is just trying to make things difficult all around?

o

Call her bluff .... wake up BF'sS and tell her to come get him since BF is already heading out the door "emergency call" then have BF'sS call mom every so often until she shows up or says go back to bed ...

Don't worry about bonding with him without BF .... that will happen all on its own ....

Don't be the babysitter or fight about it with BM if she wants her son with her when dad is not there "great" come and get him ...

Stop interacting with her.

o

My papers say that that either one of us can designate a "responsible representative". So, for instance, X can't pick up DS, he can designate his GF to pick him up and I can't do a damn thing about it. It goes both ways. He can't do anything if DS is with FDH because I have designated a "responsible representative". Maybe your BF has something like that in his papers. If that's the case, he can tell her to shove it. If not, I would do what Pseudo said above. Don't interact. It's not your kid and the consequences of their actions don't reflect on you.

o

My agreement has ROFR -- which means if either parent can not be with child, that parent has to advise other parent, who can then have child.

o

KK, I'm wracking my brain here and just can't figure it out... LOL!

ROFR?
I don't know this acronym... ROFL is rolling on the floor laughing...
So the best I can come up with that your custody agreement has you rolling on the floor retching?
;)

PS - You've seemed in rather good cheer lately - I hope that's IRL too and that things are going well for you :)

o

ROFR

Right of first refusal

o

thanks, I am good, I do worry re OP, and once again, suggest she get her moms opinion.

o

"rolling on the floor retching?"

Fabulous! Good thing I'd finished my coffee, or I'd be WTSAC.
Wiping the screen and cursing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here