SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poppingrays

The car crisis

poppingrays
14 years ago

Hi all, I know it's been a bit since I've posted, but with both SD's away at college, life has been pretty quiet! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you on the forum.

So my DS is 15 now, ready to turn 16 shortly, and it's time to buy him a car. I've been saving money for a long time and my parents decided to throw in some money so we can find him something decent.

DH and I saw his oldest DD over the weekend and I mentioned to her, very casually, that I was car shopping for my DS. She started spouting off about how she wants to sell her car, etc. I ignored the remark because I'm not interested in her car. It's older and it needs quite a bit of work. I'm also sure she's expecting to get out of it what she paid for it! So I said nothing.

DH asks me yesterday why I wasn't considering buying his oldest DD's car. I explained to him that it's not the car I want for my DS and why. He actually took offense to me saying that! He made the remark that I didn't want to buy it because it was "her" car! (well, frankly...)

I told DH he was being too sensitive about it and that the car was going to need too much work! Plus, I didn't want to chance buying the car from SD and have something major go wrong with it shortly afterward, you know, don't do business with family members! SD hasn't taken the greatest care of this car, BTW... Am I wrong for not even considering it???

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions