SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Rubbed me the wrong way

lovehadley
13 years ago

You all know I'm not particularly fond of my dad's long-term GF. (going on 8 years now, I think....yuck.)

Whatever, though. I am pleasant to her, and she is the same to me, though I feel she has underlying b*tchy, passive aggressive stuff.

I leave the situation alone, though, and, thankfully, don't see her that much.

I talk to my dad on the phone every other day or so, and have dinner with him twice a month-ish----usually without GF, but occasionally, she comes along.

It's fine and, for the most part, my relationship with DAD is independent of his GF.

But last week, he had outpatient hand surgery. GF, of course, drove him, waited, etc. I offered to do so when he scheduled the surgery; I knew it was pointless of me to offer because I figured she would be doing it but, nonetheless, I wanted to at least put it out there that I was GLAD to help out. When I offered, as expected, my dad replied that GF was planning on doing it. And I just left it at "Well, if plans change, let me know---I'm available."

She spent the night with him after, which was great.

I made him a big pot of chili and took it out to his house the day of his surgery---put it in the fridge, etc.

I called GF's cell around 9 AM to get a status update, and she said he was in surgery (anticipated 2 hr length) and that she would call me when he was out.

GF called me around 11 am to let me know it had gone well, and she was pulling the car around to get him.

I called around 3pm that afternoon---his home # --- to check on him, and she answered and said he was sleeping.

Then she proceeded to say, "Thank you SO much for calling, I really appreciate it, Love. Thank you for your concern."

WTF?!!!! That comment made my blood boil.

I can't even put my finger on why, but it just did---ugh.

I've been kinda stewing about it since, so I thought I'd get it out here. ;)

Comments (12)