SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindy_pond_gw

How do I let this go?

cindy_pond
15 years ago

I need help...I am new to this forum and have posted several things in regard to other peoples problems about my stepchildren who have in the past done terrible things. I specifically need help trying to let go of a situation that happened two years ago. After my grandson reached the age of two, I went up into the attic where I had put all of my children's childhood stuffed animals and dolls from birth. Needless to say, it was a large bag. I went up to get a little stuffed puppy for my grandson that my son loved at that age. To my horror, the bag was gone. Also up there was a doll that my dear father had given me when I was three...I took it from my parents house and have been carrying from house to house for 30 years. (I am 52) The doll was gone also. I immediately called my stepdaughter and pleaded with her to tell me what happened. She blamed her brother and denied any part in it. (The only people that would have had access to my things were my stepchildren..no one else was here at the time except my husband and myself) Six months later, I wrote letters to both her and her bother asking them to please tell me who took it. I even told them that if they told me the truth, I would not put them in a position with their father where he might be angry with them...It was nonthreatening and I assured them that I would not harbor any animosity. Both denied it. My stepson said if we needed to blame someone that he would take the blame..but that he didn't do it... I then asked my husband to please get together with them in the same room and ask them which one of them took it. To this day he hasn't done it...saying that he knows he's been a terrible father because he just cannot confront them...by the way,this has been the core issue of the problems we've had with the children...he refuses to parent them. He loves them, but just could never discipline them...ever..because of this they were tyrannical to me when I was here alone and would turn into charming angels when their dad would come home...I know this is long and scattered...it's hard put everything I've experienced in proper sequence...the bottom line?....I am so hurt by this single act that I want nothing to do with them...they are 24 and 27 years old...When they are here for birthdays etc...I cook for them and I am civil to them...it's becoming impossible to forget

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus