SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

When your husband makes no sense......

mom2emall
14 years ago

So I am a little irritated at hubby right now because he makes no darn sense and is giving into the whining and crying of a 7 year old!!

At the beginning of the school year when I would pack ss7's lunches I would put a drink, sandwich, fruit, and dessert. He kept telling me that he did not have enough time to eat it all and they HAD to throw away what they did not eat. So I got tired of the waste and told him we would start packing a sandwich and drink everyday and then rotate between fruit one day and dessert the next. This way he would not have to throw food away everyday. It has worked pretty well, though he complains at times when it is fruit day because he wants dessert. But I think it is important to eat lots of fruit and veggies. And most nights the kids get a small dessert after dinner anyways.

So when I am not home when they leave for school and DH is ss always cons him into dessert whether its fruit day or not. I have told dh what the usual schedule is, but ss puts on the tears and dh's defense is "its only food".

So yesterday I was not feeling well and DH got up with the kids. I got up before they left and their lunches were on the counter and ss had 2 desserts in his lunch, even though it was fruit day. I said something to dh about it and his response "I would rather pack more than enough food and have him throw away then want more food"

I am irritated because its bad eating habits!!! When ss was little and would ask for a snack Dh used to let him have the treats for the other kids lunches. And not just one! He would sit down and have a bag of chips and 2 ho ho's or twinkes or something. I told dh that snacks should be fruit or veggies!!

I am just irritated. SS has problems with his teeth and lots of fillings because of dh's poor diet guidelines for him. SS does not have weight issues but if dh keeps giving him junk food whenever he whines I am sure it will only be a matter of time.

Is this one where I should pick my battles and just say "your kid you deal with it when his teeth fall out and he is obese"??

Comments (12)