SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

So I am thinking of banging my head into a brick wall......

mom2emall
14 years ago

My hubby is doing it again! He is giving into ss when he whines and cries and he is getting crabby because ss is whining and crying! We went away with some friends for the weekend and ss was a huge cry baby! He is almost 8 years old and still cries all the time around daddy when he does not get his way.

Lets start with yesterday morning. We were getting ready to go meet up with a few of my girlfriends and their hubbys and kids. SS was playing his game boy and I told him to put it down and go get ready (he still had to put on socks, brush his teeth, put on shoes, etc.) Over the next 5 minutes I reminded him two more times. After that I just went up to him and took the game boy from his hands and turned it off. I told him that since the game was so distracting he was grounded from video games the rest of the day. He pouted and went off to get ready. DH was nearby and overheard that ss was grounded from video games and had no complaints.

So later we were out to lunch with my friends and it was a fun restaurant with game machines, air hockey, pool tables, etc. So the kids were all up and doing stuff with the other kids in our group.

Anyways my son ordered soup and the waitress put it down at the table and my son sat down to eat it where the waitress set it while all the other kids were up. SS came over to hubby crying that my son was in his chair. Mind you nobody had specific chairs really....they all set their coats down and went to play as soon as we got there. My ss had no food at the table yet.

Dh tried to ignore it. SS then came to me a few min later with the same complaint and I asked him if he had food to eat....he said no...I asked him where his friends were...he said playing. So I told him to go play with his friends. A few minutes later he came back to dh crying. DH said to go sit somewhere else. SS sat down next to my son and began yelling at him for "stealing his chair" and crying. Mind you ss still had no food at this time...instead of playing games with his friends he chose to sit down next to my son and cry about a chair.

Instead of ignoring it or coming down on ss guess what hubby did???

He attempted to hand him his IPhone so ss could play games on it. SS is currently grounded from video games.... We said at the restaurant he could play the games they had there, but thats it (no game boy or video games when we get home). So I reminded dh that ss is grounded from playing games on his phone and DH got pissy with me and was like "I just want us to be able to enjoy ourselves so if letting him play my phone does that then so be it!" I looked at him and told him he was creating a cry baby by giving into it and I walked away. He then took the phone back from ss and he sat at lunch looking grumpy. I just ignored him and he was fine soon.

How the heck can a 7 year old ruin our night just by crying?? I am getting so frustrated with my dh and this crap. He did so good for so long not giving into ss's crying fits. And he is the only one ss tries that with! He listens just fine to me when dh is not around.

I tried to talk to hubby about it later at home and he got defensive! Started telling me it was not a big deal and that I don't have the final say in everything!!

Dh decided that a whole day of no video games was just too much!?!

So I am thinking of banging my head into a brick wall and seeing if that makes a difference! LOL

Comments (2)