SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happymomof1

New Step Parent and Sibling

happymomof1
14 years ago

I have been divorced for less then a year and my sons dad just got married this weekend to a lady thats good to my child but she has a 4 yr old son that seems to have issues. My son is 7 and he came home over the weekend with a black eye from the other child hitting him in the eye. They where scuffling and the child swung back and hit mine and my child swung back out of self defense. I contacted his father regarding this and he told me he saw the entire thing but did nothing to stop it. He chewed our child out for hitting but the other child didnt get in trouble it seems to me that his father is taking sides and it isnt his sons. This isnt the first time he also also come home with bite marks on him as well and telling me this child has hit him before. HE feels very left out because seems his father is spending more time with the new wife and her child then ours. I tried talking to my son about it but it doesnt seem to help and I also know talking to the ex wont help either have tried it before and he totally over looks it. He loves his father and is normally very excited about seeing him but he is suppose to go with him for the week of thanksgiving and hes telling me he doesnt want to go now which isnt like him at all. He seems moody and sad and I just dont know what to tell him. He also has ADHD which his father choses to not give him which might take part in comeing off and on it. Anyway any suggestions on what I can say to my child or explain things would be helpful. I have told him that we both love him very much.

Comments (10)