SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

At wits end with bullying!!!

mom2emall
15 years ago

I am at my witts end with bullying! My school district is small and has no bus service because we are all in walking distance from the schools. They do have crossing guards at the busy streets (which are only 2 lane streets anyways). Our school district has a primary center, intermediate center, jr high, and high school.

Last year at the primary center my son had a boy who would bother him on the way to school. Throw his hats in trees, push him, grab his book bag and toss it, etc. I kept telling my son to stay away from the kid and I went in and talked to the principal. Was told that it was off school property so they could do nothing but talk to the boy. Seemed to help and the rest of the year was fine.

This year it has started again with the same boy. My son came home with a welt on his head from being hit repeatedly by an umbrella. I went to the school (he is at the intermediate center now) and the principal seemed to care but said again that it was not school property so she could just talk to the kids. A few days after the talk the same kid started punching my son as they approached the busy street. My son punched back. The kid threw my sons book bag into the busy street. My sd was right there and told the kid to stop it. The kid began punching her in the back then.

They came home and told me and my husband went right up to the school to hear more of the same. I went to the kids house and the kid lied through his teeth the whole time and I even busted his lies. He first said he never touched either of my kids. Then he said he apologized. When I asked him why he would apologoize for not touching them he said maybe he accidentaly did it. I looked at him and his parents and said my son did not have a welt on his head from accidently being knocked into by an umbrella once! The parents said their son would walk the long way to school from now on to avoid any problems (but they still did not admit he was wrong).

Fastforward a few weeks and my son comes home the other day saying the kid was teasing him on the way to school. The kid is now walking the same way again. I said words do not hurt ignore him and walk away. Then yesterday my son comes home to say that the kid was walking behind him on the way to school and stepping on the back of his shoes and trying to push him forward right by the busy street. SD confirmed the story as well.

I tried going to talk to the parents again afterschool and they were not home. I went again this morning after walking my kids to school and they were not there.

I talked to all the crossing guards who have not seen the fighting. They have seen the exchanges of dirty looks and words. One crossing guard saw the kids all around eachother the one day when my son got hit with the umbrella, but she did not see the hit. She did tell the kids to all go home and stay away from eachother.

I do not know what to do!!! The school will not even call the kids parents because it is not happening on school property! The parents think their kid is telling the truth...even though I have heard 2 other parents have gone to their house telling the kids parents that their kids are getting bullied by him.

I have tried to contact the other 2 kids parents to see if we could all come together to stop this, but have not gotton a return call.

I do not know what to do anymore!!! HELP!! IDEAS???

Comments (27)