SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momof3_stepof1

i won!!

momof3_stepof1
12 years ago

I had court yesterday with sperm donor. First off, he got off the elevator at the court house, he was brought from the jail, remember. As soon as he got off I looked away from him. I didn't once look his way during the entire hearing. I had to sit where the prosecutor normally sits and he was in the defendants spot. So we were almost right next to each other but I didn't once look at his face. I do have to say, I did well this time. Normally I laugh at him wearing his fancy orange jump suit and shackles. Yesterday I stayed calm and I didn't even stutter during the hearing. Thank you Welbutrin/Buspar/Xanex. LOL!

So, he was there to ask to have his support dropped to $0 per week because he's in jail and has no income. Unfortunately in Indiana that is a state law that that is to be done. Which I believe to be the most absurd law in this state. However, the prosecutor started. I had previously wrote a letter and sent a copy to the prosector, the judge and to sperm donor... all same letter. The prosecutor stated that he agreed with me in that someone who is put in jail for non support of a child should not be given a break and allowed not to pay for that chiild because he was put there. He made some very good points and also stated that sperm donor is being housed, fed and soforth by the state. They said this costs the state about $53 per day. Plus sperm donor has no expenses because of it. So, the prosecutor believed that should be imputed as imcome. AHAHAHAHA!! I believe when he said this, my mouth dropped open. I was shocked and amazed. Then the judge asked sperm donor if anyone was putting money into his account at the jail. He said his fiance was putting $20 or $30 per week in. His current balance was 60 cents. I then got to comment. I stated that I agreed with the prosecutor and that he's getting this money everyweek when he doesn't really need it yet my son still needs clothed, housed and fed and he's not getting any of this money.

Sperm donor stated that he had a job making $7.25 per hour and he had four support orders coming out of that check. That the prosecutors office was requiring him to pay more then they were taking out and he couldn't make it. I then commented that due to having to support my children I've had to work multiple jobs at multiple times and I didn't see why he couldn't do that as well. The judge shook his head yes.

At the end the judge denied his motion to reduce his support to $0 and he awarded me $1264 for braces on my son. He is also modifying support. He told sperm donor it may go up due to min wage increasing. AHAHAHAHA!!! I don't beleive the support will go up or down. I've used the calculator and put in every scenario and it doesn't go enough up or down to change. (Has to be 20% change or it doesn't happen). I reminded them that he gets no visitation credit due to never seeing him.

He was ticked!!! So he tried to tell the judge I'm harrasing him. I sent him the same letter I sent to the judge and the prosecutor. Only difference was I wrote "deadbeat dad" all over it. The judge looked at him and told him he could see my frustation because I've been trying to get him to pay since 2000. I walked out of there a total winner. AHAHAHAHA!!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio