SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannon2356

Does it say `TAXI` on my forehead!!

shannon2356
14 years ago

I got on here to post and then I got side-tracked by Finedreams post about Thanksgiving...:)

I was very upset because SD17 just thinks I am her personal taxi service. While she was with us (remember, BM was away for a month and there was a big "hulabaloo" about Skids and BM wanting us to check up on the older ones that they weren't having "parties"at her house, etc...?!!)

Well, while SD17 was here, the school called my DH. A few times. To tell him that SD17 wasn't going to all of her classes. She didn't OPEN a book while she was here. Not once. No sorry that's not true, she did math in front of the tv once. lol. Anyways, I was driving her to school every.single.morning. DH told the school it's very hard for DH to parent this child as she lives full-time with BM. (ie.it's hard if she skips school, because when she is with BM, BM thinks you can"manipulate" the school and teachers to feel sorry for you,they divorced 6 years ago and the kids are still taught to use the "I skipped class because I was so depressed due to my parents divorce" line.) But here's the kicker, SD17 is on EVERY committee known to man at the school. You name it, she does it. So DH also said to the school, to teach SD17 that skipping is NOT ok, why doesn't the school tell her "you can't be on the x y and z committees until you go to class". School hasn't even replied to him, but they don't want the kids off committees,it's free help and they need the kids to help run everything!! Anyways, I told SD that I could drive her home from her part time job at night, she works one evening a week and gets off at 9pm. We don't want her taking two buses home to BM's at that time, and I don't mind. So this is what made me so mad: she texts me today, says "I need a ride somewhere at 8pm". No "please", no "can you", just "I NEED A RIDE at 8tonight". So I am getting smarter, I text back"to where?":) She tells me it's to this kid's house that she is on a committee with, and it's like an hour away, and then an hour back! I know,because she got me to drive her there when BM was away!! UGH...so I say" can't another kid on the committee drive you, they drove you home last time?!" So she says ``no because I am at ANOTHER committee meeting before that one and they are all going earlier to the guy`s home for this SECOND meeting`!! So I said, `well then maybe you need to figure out which committee meeting is more important to you tonight so you can decide which one you are going to go to!!`` I mean, honestly, the kid doesn`t go to school but she can run around all over town to go to committee meetings!! arrgggh....

I think I handled it ok for once, what do you guys think, and any ideas on how to manage her skipping habit...:)

Comments (11)