SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

Annoyed about Thanksgiving

incognitomom
13 years ago

So over the years we have developed a holiday schedule. My sis in law has a holiday at her house, my inlaws have one at theirs, and we always have Thanksgiving here. On Thanksgiving my family is always here too. So my brother in law and his family were supposed to go to California over Thankgsgiving with friends, so we never talked to them about Thanksgiving plans.

Then the other day my sister in law calls me to ask what the plans are. So I tell her and then ask what happened to California and she says plans got cancelled, bla bla bla. Then she tells me that it was a good thing because my brother in law is now going in for his vasectomy (went in Monday). She says she is not sure how he will be feeling and was thinking of doing Thanksgiving at her house.

I tell her that we already have my family coming here so we can't go anywhere else. I tell her they are welcome to come or we understand if my brother in law isn't up to it and they stay home. I thought it was done.

So my brother in law calls my husband last night to tell him they are doing Thanksgiving there. My husband tells him that we can't change our plans because my family all plans on coming here. Brother in law says he thought his wife talked to me already and we straightenend it out! DH says we did talk and we are not able to go there, but they are welcome to come here.

I am just annoyed. Their plans changed, but why should ours? And now my in-laws will be forced to choose homes or split the holiday. And Thanksgiving is always at our house. My brother in law and his wife get a set holiday at their house every year. GRRRR

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living