SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srsr_gw

Mean old Step-Mom

srsr
14 years ago

My husband is off to China for 3 weeks on business. I have two step-sons one is 19 and very respectful. The other one is 21 and thinks he can do whatever he wants. I have been married for 4 years and really starting to see the oldest true colors. What took the icing on the cake this week was: I was in the living room by the front door and got up at 9:00pm, like I always do and go and shower. Whilel I was taking a shower the oldest decided to sneak out. When I got out of the shower I did not know he was gone and I always lock the dead-bolt. He could have called his little brother to open the door. Sometimes he leaves his keys in the house and does that. So I guess he came back late and the dead-bolt was locked. What was so odd I think it was pre-planned. Because his razor and toothbrush were missing... So he called all his family which live out of town and he told them he did not have a home to go to.....He was locked out....I sent him an email and told him the car could not be away from the house at night PERIOD. Also that if you are going to not follow the rules with your dad being gone. and sneak out and stay out all night...then I have no choice but to change the locks.....I sent my husband an email and told him I wanted to change the locks. But would not until I had his permission. Well as I mentioned he called all his family and said he was homeless. My husband sister (which they have had a lot of differences) decides to send him an airline ticket. To go stay with them....To this day I have not gotten a called to let me know where he is and he is safe. The son sent his dad an email Saturday night and told him he talked to all the family since he did not have a home and told them them whole story. They both have a way of just telling parts of a story...which will make them look better. I am sure this is what is happening here... So that is where I am.....He has responsibility at home. Job, college etc......So myself and the other son had no idea where he was......My husband is just shocked and livid. Really trying to calm down and think of how to handle the situation. My husband is coming back on the 8th and I know the son will want to arrange to meet up with him when he flies in from Colorado....I told my husband I am sorry but he is not riding with me. We are having a house built which will be my husband and myself first own home together.. The oldest one is very insecure about it because he can't say anymore this is not your home......I could share so much. However this is the most concerning. Because the days are dwindling down and I would like to get a handle on this before they return.....

Any advise would be greatly appreciated...

Comments (27)