SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizajane09

new stepdaughter

lizajane09
14 years ago

My husband and I are newly married and his daughter who has been out of his life for 7 years has come back into his life. His ex wife tried to keep him from spending time with his daughter for years and kept him in court constantly. When his daughter was 10, she made the decision to not see her dad anymore which devastated him, of course. His ex wife is mentally limited and cannot get along with people well. She has no friends and is very hateful to others. Once someone disagrees with her, she writes them off and doesn't associate with them anymore. To make a long story short, his daughter is just like her. She is a really dramatic individual who is very self centered. She also thinks that she can do no wrong. She even told us that she is pretty much perfect. She is 19 but the way she acts reminds me of a junior high girl. I want to get along with her but she is very disrespectful to her dad at times and every time we are with her it ends up being a heartache. We do not see her often, but she wants to see us more. The way she acts hurts my husband too. I want to be supportive. I am praying that God will help us in this situation. I have a lot of anxiety with this because I can't fix this....I am a mom of 2 kids myself. I have never met anyone like this child. Any advice you have would be appreciated.

Comments (6)