SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gemax3

Should i feel like i do about my partners children

gemax3
10 years ago

When I was 19 I met my partner within a work place, and we got together under very complicated conditions. He had split with his pregnant girlfriend to be with me. I did feel awful for his ex-partner because I wouldn't want to be a part of that normally but I felt very strongly about my partner.

He is 6 years older than me and has a daughter of which now is 13. At first I got on brill with her, I did all sorts with her, and because of the age gap not being very large between us as pathetic that is, we had a lot of things in common.

The his other child was born and ended up gaining full custody of her due to her mums neglect. I was them put under pressure to either leave the year long relationship there and then or accept his newborn baby. He expected me to take all the roles as a mum, work, and also carry on with university at age of 19/20.

My family told me not to take this much pressure on however I did, and at first it was fine while she was a baby and it wasn't until she got to about 2 years of age, ive got to the point where I am sick of major responsibility that I have got, he expects me to care for her all the time, pay for everything and I get no time to myself or any social time and he spends 2 hours a day when he finishes work with her and then just on a Saturday when I work 6 hours and he goes fishing and other hobbies sunday.

Now she is 3, and I feel awful saying this but I feel like I cannot stand to be around her at the moment, I love her to bits, but I just don't want to do it but i don't want to loose my partner. When concering his older daughter i cant even stand her name being mentioned, she is ungreatful all the time for anything i do for you, she takes things for granted and causes trouble at our house when she comes. He also expects me to change any plans i have if she decides to come over and im sick of the amount of respect she has for herself, i disagree with her being sexually active and having abusive language on social networking sites at the age of 13. And he disagrees with me.

I am now 22 and i am expecting my first born, and the feelings towards both of his children have grown even larger. He has not come to one scan, appointment or anything to do with the pregnancy. He hates me spending money buying the baby things, he don't want to know, but its always when his other kids were born or when theirs mums were giving birth. I feel that this baby is nothing compared to his other children and i don't know whether that is the reason why i resent his children more now.

I don't want to feel like this and hope i can find a solution to this. He this i am leaving his 3 year old out but i just want to be able my first pregnancy and my first baby.

Am i in the wrong for wanting that?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!