SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tdwh

This is probably going to sound silly but.....

tdwh
15 years ago

Hi. First time I have posted. Not sure how all these initials work ....SM, BM etc. I get some of them but could someone enlighten me...that would be great. I also need some advice....I am very keen for my new partner to have a good relationship with my children. They are only youn (both under 7) and I can see that they are often looking to see that he approves and cares about them. I always give them a hug and kiss in the morning when we part and I would really like my partner to do the same as it is what the kids are used to and when he doesn't do it I think they may be wondering why not. Sometimes he does do this, other times he just shouts goodbye to them or pats them on the head. This morning my partner came up to my 5 year old and my five year old thought he was going to get a hug goodbye when in fact my partner was just going to straighten his collar. I motioned to my partner to hug my son but he didn't do it and just stalked out. I went out to talk to him about it and he accused me of having a go at him before he went off to work. I know you cant push these things but I suppose I feel that it wouldn't have hurt him to hug the boys. I know he dropped his son back at his mum's yesterday after a weekend visit and that he is sensitive about this. What should I do? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Comments (6)