SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missn_gw

I've had enough...

missn
13 years ago

The last 4 years of being a stepmom has come to an end for me. I've decided to leave my husband and his daughter.

My husband has a 9 year old daughter and I have a 9 year old son. My husband is extremely harsh and unkind to my son and does not treat the 2 kids fairly. He lets his daughter get away with murder, while the second my son does anything wrong my husband is the first to point it out.

I was in love with my husband, and now I resent him for allowing his daughter to disrespect me and always yelling at my son. His daughter has hit me and my son, and my husband will only give her a 5minute lecture. No consequences. I've had enough, I'd much rather be single forever and live in a peaceful home with my son than to be married and live in a home where rules only apply to half of the family. My mom and sister say I shouldnt call it quits because its a bumpy ride, but I say my first responsibility is my son. I'm not going to sit here and watch my so called family hurt him and destroy his confidenceand happy childhood.

I've given my husband plenty of chances to make this family work but he never follows thru with any of our plans.

We are one week shy of our 4year anniversary together.

Has anyone else here been in my shoes?

Comments (6)