SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yabberu

Finally...the Dept of Education will get involved

yabber
13 years ago

And it's about time!!!!

SD14 went back to her mum's after she stayed with us for almost 3 weeks: and has hardly been to school since. She missed 2 days the first week back at BM's, 2 days the second week, and she hasn't been at all this week. SD12 has stayed home about the same.

FDH has been contacting the school again, and again, and again, and today, FINALLY, they've agreed to get the Dept of Education involved. Jeez, that only took 4 years...

Anyway, so happy it's finally happening now!!

It means that an officer might start coming to the house to check when the kids stay home. I know that BM will probably try and solve that by making the kids wear pj's and instruct them to tell the officer they're sick, but I hope that it will be an incentive to take them to school more. After all it's going to be harder to continue doing all other activities when someone is checking on how sick they really are (now SD14 will still go to work, both SD's play basketball after having the day of school, they go shopping, to the movies, to visit family in the city etc etc.)

I'm also hoping that they'll require medical certificates for all those days off, that will make it harder as well to continue with what she's doing.

Does anyone have experience with the Dept of Education getting involved?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio