SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justnotmartha

here we go again?

justnotmartha
15 years ago

Those that have been around for a while have followed the saga of my odd relationship with my SD's mom. We've been the worst of enemies, barely civil, and we've been wine drinking buddies, sharing a hide-a-bed at SD's last birthday party. I've always worked for 'friends' but I think her competiveness prevented that (along with much more, I know.) Those friendly times, from about January to August of this year, were nice. I didn't find myself waiting everyday to see how she would piss me off. SD seemed happier with us as 'friends.' All was well . . . until the first time we didn't do what mom wanted and all hell broke lose. Since then we have been civil to silent, but no more chatty chatty. Just a few weeks ago I actually read her the riot act - the first time in the 8 years we've had custody of SD. (Yes, to those who might wonder, it felt REALLY GOOD.) So all of a sudden she tells SD on the phone tonight that she has most of the weekend off and the three of us should go shopping.

Huh?!?

So I'm stuck. I don't know if I want to go there again. I know at the end of the day we are too different to really be friends - our cores are just too different - but the friendly wasn't bad. I just can't take the 'friends as long as she gets what she wants' type of friendship. It's too tiring.

So what do I do? To shop, or not to shop? That is the question.

Comments (6)