SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceph_gw

So.... Guess who lives with us now?

ceph
12 years ago

SS's mom called yesterday to say that if we don't take him, she's giving him to social services (ie - foster care)... We said yes, but that he has to stay here for at least until the end of grade eight (so at least 19 months).

He moved in with a duffel bag last night and we'll do the rest of the move over the next few weeks.

Things have been quite smooth for us with SS in the past year or two, but I expect a few monkey wrenches now. I might need you ladies a lot more than I have lately!!

For those who don't know our story:

SS12 is not DH's biological son. DH met BM when SS was a few weeks old and they dated for 2+ years. BD is not in the picture at all (he's mostly in jail), so DH is the only dad SS has ever had.

SS had severe ADHD and has bipolar disorder, so he has a lot more struggles than many other kids his age. He's a nice kid though - smart, funny, generous, but he can be very difficult too.

BM ditched him whenever she possibly could to party and such when he was younger. Their attachment to one another is probably described as shaky at its best and abusive at its worst.

He was here for 6 weeks in the spring so that he and BM could work on their relationship. From what we can see, he tried but she didn't, so obviously things didn't improve.

Anyhow... here I am :)

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH