SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raenicole08

Really need advice

raenicole08
11 years ago

Im new to this board but I would really appreciate some advice on my situation. Ill try to make a long story short.

I have been dating my fiance on and off for about 3 years now. While we were "off" he had a one night fling and got the girl pregnant. They both decided early on they didnt want to be together. I was devastated but later decided to get back with him. Him leaving for basic training and other factors led to this. Fast forward a few months and the baby is 2 months old. We both decide we want a baby. I was babyfied and Im pretty sure he didnt want to lose me again. We now have a 10 month old little girl.
Now I find myself in a situation where im not bonding well with his son. The weekends when we have him are very stressful and im growing more jealous of him as time goes on. I feel like I have no place in the family when we have his son, especially when were around my fiances side of the family. Needless to say this is causing more tension between my fiance and I. I have been thinking about leaving him for a while now. I feel that if I cant be a good step parent then there is no way for our relationship to work out. But I also dont want my daughter to grow up with separated parents. Yes, I realize this is mainly my fault for a huge lack of judgement in my decisions. Im asking for any advice anyone can give. Is there a way to work things out or should I accept the fact that im not able to be a step parent? I have considered counseling but im not sure how much good that would do. TIA

Comments (2)