SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

BM chopped off all SD's hair again!!!!

imamommy
15 years ago

Well, Ceph asked if anyone has any real problems... but this is a problem that there really is no solution to, but I guess it might help to vent and/or hear if anyone else has had a similar situation and how they handled it or resolved it.

In the four years since DH and I have been together, BM has done this several times, always after having a disagreement with DH. Coincidence or retaliation? She used to do this when SD was with her every other week and she'd send DH a picture text to show him she cut SD's hair. He'd always react by getting angry & BM knows he likes her hair longer. (one of the reasons is her hair is very thick so when it's short, it fluffs up and always looks like she doesn't comb it, even if she does) He took SD a couple of weeks ago to get it cut, layered so it doesn't fluff up but keeping the length. Everyone has told her how cute it is.

Then, last weekend DH & BM got into it over SD's doctor appointment on Monday. BM finally relented & let us pick up SD on Sunday to take her but was pissed at DH. Then, SD comes back tonight with all her hair chopped off. The last few times she's done this, DH hasn't reacted because I told him she's probably just doing it to get a reaction and if he just ignores it, he isn't giving her the satisfaction. Since he stopped reacting, she's only done it twice plus this weekend. He is royally peeved! (but not going to let on to BM)

My only frustration is in sending SD off to school looking like she just woke up and didn't comb her hair. It's probably a little self centered on my part because as the custodial step mom, it might reflect badly on me to send her to school, looking unkempt. In the past, when SD cries that the other kids tease her about her looks, I really don't know what to say. Her mom is responsible for cutting her hair off. She's also been teased over her weight and her mom lets her overeat and gain weight. So, all I end up telling her is that I'm sorry other kids are mean.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County