SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lolacrose

Grown Step Daughter treats me badly at family get togethers

LolaCRose
12 years ago

My husbands daughter treats me horrible at family gatherings. I have been married to my husband for eight years and have tried everything I know to do to make friends with this woman or at least have peace and to no avail. For years now we have had one of her children on Sunday afternoon. We all attend the same church so this is easy. She back bites me to the other church members and now is interrogating her kids to find out what horrible things I've told them when they visit.

The grand children have asked me questions about my husbands exwife for they don't really know her. I have told them to talk to there mom about these issues but when they said their mom thought I was the reason her parents broke up, I slipped and told the grand daughter that made the statement that they broke up because their grandmother was a lesbian, and this is a know fact. Apparently the kids had no clue and when my husband went and told his daughter, at my beheist, what had happened, I have since become the evil one. I hate family gatherings because of how she treats me and my husband says I'm wrong for not going because the gran kids and his mother love me. Anyone have any advice for me?

Comments (7)